Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Tour

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Are you allowed to touch the pitch.

As a young child my mum and dad took me to the Wembley Stadium tour and I can remember being disappointed that I wasn't allow to walk on the pitch, but I did take a handful of grass from the mowers cuttings bag, and (sad maybe but true) I still have them in an old tobacco tin in a draw at home.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
A tenner is alright innit! I guess you go in every stand, and get every possible view of the pitch?

Yes you do get to see the view from everywhere which is good if you are considering moving seats for next season.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Still surprises me the exit from the tunnel to the pitch isn't covered in Blue & White with Amex logos everywhere rather than that grey concrete...
I asked about that as I said that it didn't look intimidating enough for the opposition. In fact the whole route in for the away team is bland plain walls all the way to their dressing rooms. I think this needs addressing but we will see.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Email Customer.Services[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk, Its not bad if you have a wheelchair but you will having trouble looking out from the west stand as there are the stairs leading out but all the concourses are accessible by lift.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
How did it seem to you about disabled access? I'd like to do it, but I can imagine quite a few places in a football stadium are not wheelchair friendly.
I reckon you would be ok with it. We had a very old chap with a walking stick and he went everywhere in the lifts while we used the stairs so I would think it would be fine. I'm sure customer services will be able to answer that definitively though.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Are you allowed to touch the pitch.

As a young child my mum and dad took me to the Wembley Stadium tour and I can remember being disappointed that I wasn't allow to walk on the pitch, but I did take a handful of grass from the mowers cuttings bag, and (sad maybe but true) I still have them in an old tobacco tin in a draw at home.

you're not aloud on the pitch but you are aloud to feel it with you hand and walk along the astro turf.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Some more pictures:

Amex 2 3.jpgAmex 2 4.jpgAmex 6.jpgAmex 8.jpg

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I reckon you would be ok with it. We had a very old chap with a walking stick and he went everywhere in the lifts while we used the stairs so I would think it would be fine. I'm sure customer services will be able to answer that definitively though.

Thank you for that helipilot, I will phone CS just to make sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here