Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys Brollys

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
A minor point admittedly but when I arrived last night all I could see along the back wall of WSL were Fosters outlets. After a bit of searching through the crowd I discovered that there were Harveys stands there (including one which had already sold out), but very nearly took my seat without a pre-match pint. Is there any reason for the brollys not being attached last night? Makes them easily found from afar so as you can make a beeline straight for them, so would be useful to have them back.

Thanks for reading.

Keeno01

Aug 28, 2011
Lewes
I think the Harveys stands have run out at every single game. :(
Unfortunately at the Leeds game they ran out at half time and didnt bother getting any more kegs out meaning i missed my half time drink altogether.
Is it not sensible to have a spare keg next to, or behind the stands to save everyone queing before getting to the front and then missing out all together?

paul1960

Feb 26, 2007
Sussex
I think the Harveys stands have run out at every single game. :(
Unfortunately at the Leeds game they ran out at half time and didnt bother getting any more kegs out meaning i missed my half time drink altogether.
Is it not sensible to have a spare keg next to, or behind the stands to save everyone queing before getting to the front and then missing out all together?

Mentioned this to the catering manager before the last game about having spare kegs, she said they were kept in a different area.

Guess what they ran out yet again and not a spare keg in sight.

Still have plenty of e'cash on my card but never get to use it in the WSU as the harveys has always run out and you can't use the e-cash on the brollys.

Have been to many major sporting events and without doubt the experience at the AMex is in the lower half.

Heres hoping for tomorrow night but there is only one certainty and that is the Harveys will run out again !

Last edited:

A minor point admittedly but when I arrived last night all I could see along the back wall of WSL were Fosters outlets. After a bit of searching through the crowd I discovered that there were Harveys stands there (including one which had already sold out), but very nearly took my seat without a pre-match pint. Is there any reason for the brollys not being attached last night? Makes them easily found from afar so as you can make a beeline straight for them, so would be useful to have them back.

Thanks for reading.

Before the Leeds game I met up with Stu Laming. the Azure Public Catering Manager in the WSU having emailed some concerns to him along the lines of many already mentioned. With respect to the brollys he said it is a Health & Safety issue that has caused them to be withdrawn as the CCTV cannot properly see what is going on in the concourses with the brollys up!! He did say they are trying to work on some signage that can perhaps hang from the ceiling to highlight where the mobile dispensers are.

Interestingly he also said they had trialed a half time pre ordering system whereby people pre paid for their half time drink and were given a token to hand in to exchange for said drink but that it hadn't been popular which seems very odd to me as I would have thought that is a great idea and would save lots of time provided the drinks were all ready??

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Interestingly he also said they had trialed a half time pre ordering system whereby people pre paid for their half time drink and were given a token to hand in to exchange for said drink but that it hadn't been popular which seems very odd to me as I would have thought that is a great idea and would save lots of time provided the drinks were all ready??

Perhaps they should try publicising this a bit more because I didnt know about it and if I did I would probably use it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here