Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't remember if I've mentioned this already, but on Sky Comedy on Mondays is AP Bio. A former Harvard professor is stuck "teaching" biology in a high school. He has no interest in teaching his class of nerds and weirdos, tonally it is reminiscent of Community.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember if I've mentioned this already, but on Sky Comedy on Mondays is AP Bio. A former Harvard professor is stuck "teaching" biology in a high school. He has no interest in teaching his class of nerds and weirdos, tonally it is reminiscent of Community.

Now if it visually reminiscent of Alison Brie I'd be signing up to Sky right now!!

#FilthyCreep.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I finished Hunters this afternoon, most enjoyable it was too.

Luckily the nods to Tarrentino went as quickly as they arrived, the last one actually being a decent effort.

It all slotted together quite nicely, if a little too telegraphed, but overall I certainly commend it too the house, thanks [MENTION=10885]Lyndhurst 14[/MENTION]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I finished Hunters this afternoon, most enjoyable it was too.

Luckily the nods to Tarrentino went as quickly as they arrived, the last one actually being a decent effort.

It all slotted together quite nicely, if a little too telegraphed, but overall I certainly commend it too the house, thanks [MENTION=10885]Lyndhurst 14[/MENTION]

I binge watched it over 3 nights as it really held my attention. There were a few twists at the end that I wasn't expecting and they teed it up nicely for a second series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I binge watched it over 3 nights as it really held my attention. There were a few twists at the end that I wasn't expecting and they teed it up nicely for a second series.

Yeah deffo.

Tough to word this but I saw ep 10 coming from a bullshit scene much earlier.

That said I have no idea what one other female character is up too.
I enjoyed everything Lonny said, and by christ Roxy was easy on the eye.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

We did the same but over 4 nights. Apparently the inspiration for the story was the directors grandmother telling him stories of the her life in the camps and that there were a few groups in the USA that did go hunting.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Finally got round to Goliath S3. 4 episodes in and it’s as weird as the previous 2 seasons. Still as enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Just re-watched eastbound and down on sky comedy

Forgot how great it is

Brilliant series, great characters Kenny P, Stevie, April, Ashley Schaeffer and the rest (the plantation episode is gold). Shame Danny McBride's last two Vice Principals and The Righteous Gemstones are getting worse even with a few funny moments.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brilliant series, great characters Kenny P, Stevie, April, Ashley Schaeffer and the rest (the plantation episode is gold). Shame Danny McBride's last two Vice Principals and The Righteous Gemstones are getting worse even with a few funny moments.

Thought Vice Principles was good, Gemstones was meh - few funny bits.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Had a binge of 4 episodes of The Sinner, series 3.

Pretty good, if a little dark and 'Nietzsche'. Lost direction a little in the middle, but looking forward to finishing it off.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
When it’s a bit of a downer when a TV drama completely finishes, you know that it and the characters touched you. The Americans, House of Cards, Person of Interest and Breaking Bad did this to me.

Thankfully for me, Bosch and Justified aren’t complete.

Oh you'll keep enjoying Justified as it trots along. Timothy Olyphant also brightens up the Deadwood feature film no end. He is always such a Solid character.

I had the bereft feeling with Counterpart which was cancelled after 2 seasons and just as things were getting very interesting - (JK Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd, all fabulous) - which is a horrible limbo to be left in. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Halt and Catch Fire was the most complete story, an epic, and I loved spending time with them all. If anyone's got hours to fill for any reason, you'll thank me for either :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh you'll keep enjoying Justified as it trots along. Timothy Olyphant also brightens up the Deadwood feature film no end. He is always such a Solid character.

I had the bereft feeling with Counterpart which was cancelled after 2 seasons and just as things were getting very interesting - (JK Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd, all fabulous) - which is a horrible limbo to be left in. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Halt and Catch Fire was the most complete story, an epic, and I loved spending time with them all. If anyone's got hours to fill for any reason, you'll thank me for either :)

I love Justified - the storylines, feel and the great acting. The interaction between Raylan and Boyd was cleverly created and masterfully executed.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Downloaded the 90s tv series War of the worlds season 1 from putlocker, will keep me going for a while. Low grade but just about watchable cheap sci-fi.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apologies if fixtures........
[tweet]1235580828891131906[/tweet]
Cannot wait for this :thumbsup:

Oh that is good news.

Hopefully they'll ration it, as I can't be trusted and will blast through then bemoan the downtime.

For those of you new to loafing about the house, doing feck all and eating biscuits Ozark is THE place to start 'binge-life'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here