Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two you might think as abit rubbbish but which I'm really enjoying -

October Faction - Grimm-type series but a bit more thought provoking
Burden of Truth - Not as good or as edgy as Goliath but an easy watch and grows into itself.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Yeah, it's a light-hearted drama and fun to watch. The lead actor is excellent (I'm surprised not to have seen him in other things). Maybe someone will pick up a 2nd series sometime.

Only a few episodes to do now, really excellent stuff, very strange it got dropped, and as you say, maybe a series 2 may one day happen. Colin Salmon as well, who’d have thought it?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Recommendation for Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet (comedy) on Apple TV which was released 10 days ago.

Co-created by Charlie Day and Rob McElhenney of Always Sunny in Philadelphia and starring Rob McElhenney, F. Murray Abraham, etc... about a computer gaming company. It has Always Sunny... (obvs) and Silicon Valley influences in narrative and style of humour.

As a big Always Sunny... fan I was always likely to enjoy this one and it may not be for everyone, but it is getting good reviews generally.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Anyone watched Jett with Carla Gugino ? It all sounds a bit cheesy (high end thief get released from prison and struggles to keep on the straight and narrow whilst bringing up her daughter), but actually there isn't a single slice of cheese in sight and its really good and a pretty grown up crime drama. Highly recommended - on Sky at the moment.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Anyone watched Jett with Carla Gugino ? It all sounds a bit cheesy (high end thief get released from prison and struggles to keep on the straight and narrow whilst bringing up her daughter), but actually there isn't a single slice of cheese in sight and its really good and a pretty grown up crime drama. Highly recommended - on Sky at the moment.

I really enjoyed it, especially episode 6 when they dance to Yma Sumac.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Cant be arsed to see if this series has been mentioned before, "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon. We decided to give this a go a couple of weeks ago and it has turned out to be quite amusing after a slow start. Seems popular, as it has had 3 seasons and S4 is in production.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not US, but been mentioned on here before.

After the brilliant Lake District, Italy then Spain......now Greece gets the Coogan/Brydon treatment.

Starts in March.

51Cj-5fhaoL.jpg 91WP6n3CLoL._SY550_.jpg 81x82r+RC9L._SL1500_.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A new series called 'Hunters' with Al Pacino starts today on Amazon Prime.

It's based on true events about a group of Nazi Hunters in New York in the 70s tracking down escaped Nazis living in the USA

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Currently watching Justifed on Amazon Prime, now into the second season. It’s about a modern day US Marshall in rural Kentucky, dealing with various criminals, he’s also in two on-off relationships.

I love it, and the main character.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing about this is obscure but just to say Seinfeld is now available on Channel 4's version of I-Player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here