Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Currently watching Aquarius on netflix, 2 seasons of it.
David Duchovny is a detective in 1969 L.A. with various cases going on but with the main feature on Charles Manson and his "family". Great stuff with plenty of boobies in it as well! :D

Will take a look as wasn't sure about first series but like most of his stuff. Loved Californication (well first 4 series, then a few were done during writers strike and they sucked), last one back to good mind.

Godless on Netflix was great (western, but not John Wayne type), great acting, brutal at times

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Godless on Netflix was great (western, but not John Wayne type), great acting, brutal at times

It was wasn't it. If you fancy more Jeff Daniels, then HBO's Newsroom is for you - two and half series (Aaron Sorkin decided he could finish the story with a final bow of 6 episodes) of him being brilliant.

Anyone else up to speed with Better Call Saul? Stupendous telly.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It was wasn't it. If you fancy more Jeff Daniels, then HBO's Newsroom is for you - two and half series (Aaron Sorkin decided he could finish the story with a final bow of 6 episodes) of him being brilliant.

Anyone else up to speed with Better Call Saul? Stupendous telly.

I think Better Call Saul is right up there with Breaking Bad now. Just like BB, I was gutted when I got to the end of this series and now have to wait for the next one. It is superb.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Good to see the popular Tin Star being re-run on C4 ahead of Series 2 in January.

download.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't know Mary-Louise Parker was the star of Weeds...

...that's a game changer!

Why the fook am I watching American Pickers :shrug:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The neighborhood- White guy moves into a black neighbourhood in LA. Funny and only 25 minutes per episode.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I found this gem 'Quarry' on Sky, it should still be available for download. Its got the brilliant Peter Mullan (ozark and westworld) in it too.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980696/

'Quarry, a disillusioned Vietnam War vet, returns home to Memphis in 1972 only to find rejection and scrutiny at every step. A mysterious man known only as The Broker gives him an offer he can't refuse - to work for him as a hitman.'

jeremyfisher

Dec 8, 2013
Altered Carbon is amazing!

I really struggled with Altered Carbon. It looks amazing. It's a fantastic world that's been created, but I've tried watching it twice now (the second time just last week) and just can't get into it.

Definitely worth a try for any sci-fi lovers though - particularly if you like Blade Runner as it's got a similar feel (which I also didn't like - I may be one of the few fans of sci-fi not to like it!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here