Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
The Defiant Ones on Netflix.

Based around Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine selling Beats to Apple.

It covers the history of both men and a fantastic look at the music industry.

A HBO series so it's superbly shot.

On episode 3 now.

Check it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Just started watching Person of Interest on Netflix. Always liked the odd episode or three when I caught it on TV late at night but now watching from the beginning. Very good indeed

One of the best procedural shows on TV, which delves much deeper into the mythology as it goes. Such an underrated show.

For anyone that hasn’t seen it, watch Rick and Morty.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Perhaps not obscure but am watching The Looming on Amazon Prime atm.

It’s a based on facts dramatisation of the Growth of Al Qaeda and the efforts/failures in the CIA and FBI that ultimately lead to 9/11.

Jeff Bridges stars as Jim O’Neil the embittered New York field office boss tasked with hunting down Al Qaeda.

Very compelling so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right this is a good a place as any, although it doesn't really fit.

If you have preteen kids and are a little Pixared out then remember this MUST WATCH timetable.

[tweet]979327312595333126[/tweet]

In fairness I'm 48 and will probably watch Totoro, and Spirited Away, even though I have them both on DVD.
Howl's is very good too, it's a shame they're not showing Ponyo instead of Kiki.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
13 commandments on more 4 - Belgium Crime drama, very good.
Also 'Trapped' Icelandic Crime Noir - also recommended

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Right this is a good a place as any, although it doesn't really fit.

If you have preteen kids and are a little Pixared out then remember this MUST WATCH timetable.

In fairness I'm 48 and will probably watch Totoro, and Spirited Away, even though I have them both on DVD.
Howl's is very good too, it's a shame they're not showing Ponyo instead of Kiki.

Agree with this.

LK Junior has been a fan of these for years. Spirited Away being her favourite film EVER.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Some handy tips here, though i have watched some of it. I find with netflix i get overwhelmed with the choice and also sorting the wheat form the chaff.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
13 commandments on more 4 - Belgium Crime drama, very good.
Also 'Trapped' Icelandic Crime Noir - also recommended

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Has anyone been watching Gomorrah? Last episode of Series 3 on Sky Atlantic last night.

A truly amazing series.

Just binge-watched Series 1 in the last 2 weeks. Very impressed.

Taking a break for now to watch Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime before I go back to watch Series 2 of Gomorrah.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Just binge-watched Series 1 in the last 2 weeks. Very impressed.

Taking a break for now to watch Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime before I go back to watch Series 2 of Gomorrah.

Series 2 and 3 are as good.4 is on the way sometime.Let me know what you think when you've seen 2.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Just watched Jessica Jones season 2. Not a patch on the first season. Having watched a fair bit of the marvel tv series now it makes a huge difference to have a compelling villain. Killgrave in the first season of JJ is a superb baddie and Wilson Fisk is excellent in the first Daredevil season.

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
For those who enjoyed the excellent 'Justified', similar pleasure could be gleaned from 'Outsiders', starring David Morse, Ryan 'Opie' Hurst, and the talented and beautiful Gillian Alexy.

It follows the exploits of a large community of off grid, Moonshinin' mountain folk whose way of life is put under threat by the arrival of a large coal mining corporation who want them out.

Ged Ged'Ya!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
For those who enjoyed the excellent 'Justified', similar pleasure could be gleaned from 'Outsiders', starring David Morse, Ryan 'Opie' Hurst, and the talented and beautiful Gillian Alexy.

It follows the exploits of a large community of off grid, Moonshinin' mountain folk whose way of life is put under threat by the arrival of a large coal mining corporation who want them out.

Ged Ged'Ya!

Sounds good, is it on NetFlix or Amazon by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here