Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Series 2 of Osark hits the ground running.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Loved Mr Mercedes... watched first episode of Goliath tonight... WTF... I'd watch another if I didnt have to get up early tomorrow!

I've got a bone to pick with you.

Mr Mercedes. Adapted from a Stephen King book - there's a gazillion of those.

On a channel called "Audience" in America - well it's not exactly HBO or Netflix is it? "An AT&T Original" - yeah whatever.

Oh hold on. Brendan Gleeson is in it? Might be a bit better than I expected.

David E Kelly's involved. I'm interested. Denis Lehane writes some episodes. Hmm. Interesting.

Episode 1 - fairly ok, interesting, could be a formulaic yawn-fest but hey, in for a penny.

Episodes 2 to 11 - holy moly this is fantastic. Every single character is real, the script is by turns dry, chuckle-loud funny, disturbing, tense; hang on, am I actually sympathetic to every single character in this, yes I think I am. Am I a bit worried about how the last episode is going to turn out? Darned right I am.

What a joy. Thank you!!

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Seven Seconds on Netflix.

4 episodes in. Very good cop cover up drama.

Just finished this. Fantastic series.Gritty, tense, emotional. No idea why they decided to cancel a second series. Definitely recommend, as series 1 is self-contained.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I've got a bone to pick with you.

Mr Mercedes. Adapted from a Stephen King book - there's a gazillion of those.

On a channel called "Audience" in America - well it's not exactly HBO or Netflix is it? "An AT&T Original" - yeah whatever.

Oh hold on. Brendan Gleeson is in it? Might be a bit better than I expected.

David E Kelly's involved. I'm interested. Denis Lehane writes some episodes. Hmm. Interesting.

Episode 1 - fairly ok, interesting, could be a formulaic yawn-fest but hey, in for a penny.

Episodes 2 to 11 - holy moly this is fantastic. Every single character is real, the script is by turns dry, chuckle-loud funny, disturbing, tense; hang on, am I actually sympathetic to every single character in this, yes I think I am. Am I a bit worried about how the last episode is going to turn out? Darned right I am.

What a joy. Thank you!!

3 episodes in to S2 now :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Might be a little cheesy, but I really enjoyed "Shooter" season 1, currently watching Season 2 and it's pretty good too. (Season 3 is out now also).

Might not be for everyone but I've found it a pretty fun watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4181172/

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Currently watching these three on alternate days when available:

Ozark S2
Gomorrah S3
Better Call Saul S4

Ozark is the pick for me.
BCS is a close second.
Gomorrah is just a different type of show altogether, but pretty decent if you like Mob stories and can tolerate subtitles.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
'It's always Sunny in Philadelphia' started it's 13th season on FXX this week in the States - always like this dark comedy, and Danny Devito is perfect in it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
American Horror Story season 8 started last night.

The last few seasons have been pretty disappointing but it seems to be back on track. Set in the future in a post apocalypse world it kept me interested enough to keep watching. Even has Joan Collins in it.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Don,t know it has been mentioned earlier, just finished watching The Looming Tower, thought it was brilliant. About the build up to 9.11 and highlights some off the failings of the US security forces.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Just finished 'The Sinner', well worth a punt.

I'll say. Just finished the penltimate episode, which I found really difficult to watch - it's like a psychological whodunnit where what's going on your head may well be worse than what happened. Maybe. It's the 'not knowing' that makes this stupendous.

Great recommendation.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'll say. Just finished the penltimate episode, which I found really difficult to watch - it's like a psychological whodunnit where what's going on your head may well be worse than what happened. Maybe. It's the 'not knowing' that makes this stupendous.

Great recommendation.

Nuts! Had forgotten about this, just seen they are 7 episodes in to S2. Here we go again.....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Great recommendation.
Just finished S2

Far better than S1 imo, strong acting and twisty turney plot.
Great acting by Mo Salah's older brother playing a young lad.
Very good.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Obviously it does all come together and the flashbacks do either ease off or I just got used to them.

I did stick with it, you're right it is well shot, oddly I enjoyed/noticed the background noise.

I thought Amy Adams was brilliant, the direction good, but it was far too slow and the rest of the cast seemed to have stepped out of an episode of CSI Hicksville. It did make me dig out a Led Zeppelin album though

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Halfway through the 2nd series of Sneaky Pete on Prime, would definitely recommend.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Gonna have a few hours to kill over the weekend (hospital nothing serious) so looking for recommendations for crime / heist Netflix downloadable programs films

To set the scene Already have Ozark season 2 downloaded

Have already seen

Intelligence
Designated survivor
Shooter
Luke cage
Persons of interest
Gommaragh

Anything similar would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just completed Ozark season 2 :clap:

Season 3 now has been announced by Netflix.

[tweet]1050036891687370754[/tweet]

Last edited:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Gonna have a few hours to kill over the weekend (hospital nothing serious) so looking for recommendations for crime / heist Netflix downloadable programs films

To set the scene Already have Ozark season 2 downloaded

Have already seen

Intelligence
Designated survivor
Shooter
Luke cage
Persons of interest
Gommaragh

Anything similar would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mindhunter was a great watch for me. Drama following 2 FBI agents as they attempt to understand and catch serial killers by studying their damaged psyches. Along the way, the agents pioneer the development of modern serial-killer profiling. Also Narcos, all seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here