Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GRUBBS BURGERS - New one on Lewes Rd

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I honestly don't get the appeal of Uncle Sams, the taste like spackdonalds to me. Grubbs on the other hand :thumbsup:

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I honestly don't get the appeal of Uncle Sams, the taste like spackdonalds to me. Grubbs on the other hand :thumbsup:

I worked at Uncle Sams for two years. Brown buns, freshly cut salad, meat not steamed to keep it warm (unlike burger king and mac'ds)... Lots better for a lot of reasons.

Love Grubbs too but I once saw them defrosting food in London Road under a hot water tap, so always a bit wary of them.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Daves diner was an institution in my house, I even have the belly to prove it. As Chappers says the big breakfast was lovely. Its nice to hear Dave and Tez are enjoying life in France. I can't think of a better replacement than Grubbs though, I love their mushroom burgers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uncle Sams is the only Sussex burger - top stuff

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Grubbs used to be the BEST

However, I Went into the London Road one on the way to Withdean a couple of seasons ago and the burger was absolutely disgusting. The place was filthy and I could not believe how downhill it had gone. Thankfully, a visit to the Hove one restored my faith this year. The new branch sounds worth checking out :thumbsup:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Sounds like the London Road branch is letting the side down. They need to do something about that!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
How cany anybody eat this shit when there is a perfectly good GBK in the North Lanes?

GBK in North Laine was the worst food experience I've ever had in Brighton. Grubbs, on the other hand, has never disappointed in what is now a quarter of a century of, erm, regular burgery.

Grubbs does what it sets out to do and does it really well. GBK is a perfect example of style over substance, and it's not just the North Laine one. I went to one of the London branches not long after it launched and that was overpriced and poorly cooked too. Gave the Brighton one a chance on the basis that I must have just been unlucky first time, but never again.

It did have a a cocktail stick stick in it though, which is apparently enough to convince (some) people that it's classy.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
GBK in North Laine was the worst food experience I've ever had in Brighton. Grubbs, on the other hand, has never disappointed in what is now a quarter of a century of, erm, regular burgery.

Grubbs does what it sets out to do and does it really well. GBK is a perfect example of style over substance, and it's not just the North Laine one. I went to one of the London branches not long after it launched and that was overpriced and poorly cooked too. Gave the Brighton one a chance on the basis that I must have just been unlucky first time, but never again.

It did have a a cocktail stick stick in it though, which is apparently enough to convince (some) people that it's classy.

Mtoto knows!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just had a Blue Cheese Burger and large fries - lovely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here