Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've spent the last Lord knows how long reading through the thread and I hit page 25 before having to stop. Makes incredible reading. Top work, [MENTION=3788]Barrel of Fun[/MENTION] in particular. :bowdown:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thought i would give this a bounce for anyone who likes a bit of exciting night time reading.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Whilst we wait for a new signing who can forget this classic Vicente thread! Full of dreams, tension and disbelief and Andy Naylor hunting them down in a Ford Mondeo or something; my personal highlight the cheeky restaurant pics!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Whilst we wait for a new signing who can forget this classic Vicente thread! Full of dreams, tension and disbelief and Andy Naylor hunting them down in a Ford Mondeo or something; my personal highlight the cheeky restaurant pics!

& the airport dash contract signing!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will we know we have made it to the big time, when SSN have a team at the gates of our training facility or the Amex on the 31st Jan and 1st Sept, to announce our last minute signings.
Even Stoke and CP get that treatment, with a bunch of Burberry cap wearing feral tw*ts in the background making grunting noises.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Will we know we have made it to the big time, when SSN have a team at the gates of our training facility or the Amex on the 31st Jan and 1st Sept, to announce our last minute signings.
Even Stoke and CP get that treatment, with a bunch of Burberry cap wearing feral tw*ts in the background making grunting noises.

More likely outside the job centre it feels like as the search for players tumbles down the list we originally had

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

don't talk about Lancing residents like that !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look at the date this thread started - 31st of August!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I miss these threads:

"Vicente Signs"

_45180001_sign226.jpg

vicente_sign.png

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
What a player we had then. That Derby crossbar is still rattling. Still think Gus never got the best from him, just didn't seem to stroke him the right way. Oh well.....what we missed out on we will never know.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We certainly have.

Although a Vicente in his prime would probably still get in our current first XI.

What a bizarre and incredible signing he was.
When fit would likely be the best player in our current team as well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon be wouldn't be the outstanding player in our current team. Competing for a first team place, but not a nailed on selection. Not saying he wouldn't be worth having, it's just a comment on the absolute leaps and bounds we've made in the last decade.

The obvious comparison is Lallana. Played for CL clubs and for a strong national team. Had a few injuries and clearly feeling the effects, but is obviously a cut above on the ball in tight spaces. Lallana looks good for us, but imagine how he'd look against Championship opponents every week. Same with Vicente I reckon.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I reckon be wouldn't be the outstanding player in our current team. Competing for a first team place, but not a nailed on selection. Not saying he wouldn't be worth having, it's just a comment on the absolute leaps and bounds we've made in the last decade.

The obvious comparison is Lallana. Played for CL clubs and for a strong national team. Had a few injuries and clearly feeling the effects, but is obviously a cut above on the ball in tight spaces. Lallana looks good for us, but imagine how he'd look against Championship opponents every week. Same with Vicente I reckon.

The slight difference for me is that Lallana wasn't at one time regarded as being one of the absolute best in the world in his position. Whilst AL has certainly had a great career at the top level, he's not on the same level as Vicente, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here