Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund Update - Please Read

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As we have the next match set for Friday 23rd April 2004 at the Withdean Stadium , 7.15 ko , Brighton & Hove Albion supporters V Crystal Palace supporters I thought it would be a good idea to give everyone an update on the fund since last April.

The REMF have over the last year supported 3 local youth football teams for 5-6 year olds. King George United ( as previously reported on the REMF thread and appearing in the Argus ), Fishersgate Community FC and Portslade Athletic. This means the REMF have helped approximately 60 local children by providing kit and equipment to play the game in the memory of Robert Eaton.

Fishersgate Community FC have a report of the presentation from Robert's parents - their website address is fishersgate.org.uk and is under the caption - Phil gets us £ 1000.

The REMF have provided a 2nd years package to Los Peladitos of NYC to provide equipment on top of the years package they gave in 2002. Please see the website www.remf.net

The REMF is looking to provide a package of up to £ 1000 for up to 5 local clubs in Sussex to provide help to those clubs which meet the REMF criteria. There is a strict vetting policy before any grant is made. We also want applications from clubs in the Croydon area to recognise the help and supports from dare I say it " our friends " at Palace !.

We have fund raising events this year with the REMF game 3, the golf day 3, an auction, a mini tournament in August with the 3 local clubs and an adult match between Fishersgate and The REMF team and the great South Run.

Please all attend the game on Friday 23/4/04 and any donations for the raffle or offers of help are vital.

I thought a reminder of all the good the fund does was timely.

We need your help and attendance at the game.

Further details about the game will follow.

Thanks.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Should read 5-16 yr olds.

Also up to £ 1000 grants for up to 5 clubs per annum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always happy to support this type of great work - well done all round

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Well done to all involved.:clap: :clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
David Lee will sponsor me lots :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good news everyone.

I have just spoken to Ricky Marlowe and he will again be travelling down from Edinburgh to play in Roberts memory.

I will e mail Fatboy with his details.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here