Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big Alex Dawson taking the piss - love this pic

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
The great Alex Dawson scores and gloats at forlorn keeper. Hardest ever Brighton player by a mile no contest.

Attachments

• img661.jpg
    img661.jpg
    737.9 KB · Views: 2,156

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Shame he isn't represented at the Amex. He may not have been with us that long but he was my first Albion hero

images

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A bit before my time....

Attachments

• alexdawson.jpg
    alexdawson.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 1,495

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That`s how centre forwards used to look.
What a nose.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Real old fashioned centre forward who believed in battering goal keepers, a real character.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
great pic rapper love it brilliant old kit

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What do you reckon the chances are of the keeper hanging on to this cross? Have 'im Alex!!

20549.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Shame he isn't represented at the Amex. He may not have been with us that long but he was my first Albion hero.

Yeah, scored in my first game at the Goldstone.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I do believe that the humbled keeper is the young Phil Parkes of Walsall,, who went on to play at the top with QPR, Ipswich England and others.

Parkes was brilliant and had somehow thwarted Dawson where many experinced keepers had failed. Then along came this goal and Alex went from brute to cute, hooking that ball in with a backheel.

Classic pic, should find a place for that at Amex for sure.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Have had this as my screen saver since 1st posted, not the best quality when blown up.

Anyway, just looking across to the east stand and hardly anybody looks as though they've actually witnessed us scoring. Strange.

Have now saved to my pooter and would love to add more pics from that era, if anybody has some.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've got quite a lot of colour pics from that era.

Plus, a bit earlier, a vid of fulham beating Brighton 3-1 in late 1950s or early 1960s...

Freddie, do you still not have sound on your computer? I'd happily get you some speakers if that's all you need to have sound to view some of the classic videos I've posted over the years...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I must be there watching, bit to blurred to pick myself out though. Kevin Webster looks a bit pissed off as usual.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I watched a game against Portsmouth and he scored the only goal (think it might have been league cup) and the ball hit the net with such ferocity I thought the net was going to bust

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I watched a game against Portsmouth and he scored the only goal (think it might have been league cup) and the ball hit the net with such ferocity I thought the net was going to bust

League cup 1st round 1969

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Looks like the pic came from an old Supporters Club Handbook. Dawson was a battering ram and took over that role from Bobby Smith. Dawson was drafted into the Man Utd team after Munich and was a bit of a legend. He was another of our great signings from that era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here