Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Brighton and Hove is top. I lived away for 10 years (US/Canada/London) but nowhere else has that combination of sea/architecture/pubs/restaurants/good people/shops/cinemas/schools/theatres, and of course there's The Albion.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
One of the best = shoreham.
Worst = portslade.

Shoreham is great to live.You are very close to the sea and close to the downs. Great pub and restaurant scene. Schools seem to be good.As far as I know crime rate is ok. It has Brighton one side and Worthing the other if you need them.Great transport links with good bus services,train links and its own airport.
I used to live in Brighton but family quality of life in Shoreham is much better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
South East Today hate hastings, but it has a lot going for it. The old town is beautiful and the views from the east and west hills are stunning. 4.5 miles of beach with a walkway completely along it is a bonus. Old town carnival week. Bonfire night. Jack in the Green celebrations with 10s of 1000s of motorbikes on the seafront. Pirate day. Live music scene. Great pubs...

Hastings and St Leonards appears to be last affordable place along the whole Sussex coast. DFLers , BTL investors and people who have now been priced out of Eastbourne are pushing the prices up and it wont be too long before the locals find it unaffordable.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Annoys me when people move from an area to somewhere affordable and then trash there former residence and say how marvellous it is living in dulls ville and how they couldn't ever return.Yes Brighton does have a few downsides but it's a price worth paying to live some where vibrant and not boring.

I get where you're coming from and absolutely love Brighton so wouldn't slag it off from but how can a price that no-one can afford be a price worth paying? £250k for a 1-bed flat? **** that. It is also refreshing to live somewhere where a lot of people haven't disappeared up their own ********s, something I didn't really notice until leaving Brighton.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Horsham is definitely up there with the best, its fair to say we do look down somewhat on Crawley, the town is an utter dump and full of cockwombles.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I get where you're coming from and absolutely love Brighton so wouldn't slag it off from but how can a price that no-one can afford be a price worth paying? £250k for a 1-bed flat? **** that. It is also refreshing to live somewhere where a lot of people haven't disappeared up their own ********s, something I didn't really notice until leaving Brighton.

Agree house are ridiculous, what I was referring to was the less pleasant aspect of city life although I do feel they get exaggerated.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
But having moved there it's bloody fantastic. There's a real community vibe, a few great pubs and restaurants. It seems to take no longer to get anywhere in Brighton than it did when I lived in and around the centre of Brighton, as you're not so hemmed in (e.g. it took me 22 minutes to drive to Hove Park last night, and takes me 15-20 mins to get to work in Woodingdean)... and you can get a 3/4 bedroom house with beautiful sea views for under £200k (not for long I suspect!) All my fears have been allayed and there's not really anything to complain about (apart from the ring road!) The transport links are great too, just hope the ferry is saved.

To say it's the worst place in Sussex is frankly laughable.

I'd like to nominate Heathfield as the dullest place, though I don't know about "worst". It's obviously very subjective.[/QUOTE]

I'll take Newhaven back and add Hastings in it's place

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Best place : Bognor Regis - Nice parts to live like Aldwick, Craigweil and Rose Green, FREE seafront music festival (Rox), good non-league footy, Picturedrome Cinema tickets @ £2.50 etc etc
Worst Place : Bognor Regis - Town centre is lifeless and full of Cr*p shops, Canada Grove, We have a Pier that is falling into the sea, serious lack of investment etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here