Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not sure what defines Mid Sussex but every bit I've lived and worked is very unlikeable

Horsham is nice but quickly joining up with Creepy and overcrowded

We moved to Seaford by chance and I love it here ... loads of surrounding loveliness, easy to get elsewhere and the town centre has a couple of very decent boozers and passable restaurants. In other towns I might be considered old, here I'm the young man next door/up the road ...... what's not to like!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I do live in Lewes.
But,
1) I don`t own red trousers or trilby hat
2)My kids aren`t called Felix or Tarquinius
3)I haven`t got a beard
4)I`m def not Veggie
5)I haven`t got a degree at all
6)I`m not from London.
7)I do like Harveys
8) I haven`t got a bike.
9) I`m not an artist,poet or yoga instructor.
10) I would rather live in Lewes than have a big house in Newhaven.

However I do know what you mean!!

:lolol:
Excellent reply, I do know plenty of people that also live there similar to your list.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not many people live there that actually grew up in Lewes though, I find Lewes is full of people from London etc.
Nearby Kingston village is full of people from London.

Kingston village is indeed full of Nimbies...The Estate was built early sixties and a lot of University Staff bought there.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Best is Rottingdean where I grew up.
Worst is or was Whitehawk where my Nan lived. Scary place in the 60's.

Have to disagree, I was born in Whitehawk in 1949 and lived there until I was married in 1969, it was a fantastic place to grow up, Whitehawk Inn was a real community pub, East Brighton Park for golf, tennis, cricket and football with Black Rock swimming pool down the road. I dont remember anything scary about Whitehawk in the sixties.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Difficult to say as there's large swathes of Sussex I have never visited and know little about despite having lived in the county growing up and for a 7 year spell 5 years ago. You could organise a "Sussex or Not?" quiz about Sussex villages and I'd get half of them wrong.

Brighton is obviously nice. Hove seems to be changing a lot; the Church Road area has become more of a night-time destination. I have always had a liking for visiting Lewes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Moved to Sussex in 1991 and lived in Burgess Hill since 1992. Apparently (according to Facebook today) I am living in a place that is 'crime ridden and has gone massively downhill and is shit'. Can't say I've noticed as never had any trouble. Easy commute to London, easy trip to the coast, easy trip to Gatwick/Heathrow, close to the Amex, loads of good pubs and restaurants in a 10m radius, home backs on to a nature reserve, non-league footy a 5 min walk away and the South Downs within jogging distance. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Moved to Sussex in 1991 and lived in Burgess Hill since 1992. Apparently (according to Facebook today) I am living in a place that is 'crime ridden and has gone massively downhill and is shit'. Can't say I've noticed as never had any trouble. Easy commute to London, easy trip to the coast, easy trip to Gatwick/Heathrow, close to the Amex, loads of good pubs and restaurants in a 10m radius, home backs on to a nature reserve, non-league footy a 5 min walk away and the South Downs within jogging distance. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

During the late 80's and 90's Burgess Hill had a terrible name.That is a fact. Drugs and violence. Many clubs in Brighton turned people away from this area and Haywards Heath.
Sorry but Burgess Hill is a horrible mainly due to to the inhabitants.
The town centre is also bloody awful.

Live most of my life in Mid Sussex and so i should know

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Estate Agent bollocks "within jogging distance of the South Downs if you are a Centurion Ultra runner".

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
During the late 80's and 90's Burgess Hill had a terrible name.That is a fact. Drugs and violence. Many clubs in Brighton turned people away from this area and Haywards Heath.
Sorry but Burgess Hill is a horrible mainly due to to inhabitants.

How did the Brighton clubs identify people from Haywards Heath ? Were they carrying hummus from M&S ?

Sorry me and my fellow inhabitants are so horrible.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How did the Brighton clubs identify people from Haywards Heath ? Were they carrying hummus from M&S ?

Sorry me and my fellow inhabitants are so horrible.
You serious :facepalm:

They checked your ID most wasn't interested in your age just location.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here