Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
you first Bry......

Hmm, I guess it all depends where you are in your life, at any particular time.
For me, with 2 young kids, a village in the Weald of East Sussex would be great. Somewhere like Fletching.

The worst would be somewhere like Brighton.

10 or 15 ago, I would probably have said something very different...

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
WORST: Bognor Regis...I don't think I need to explain this decision.

BEST: Brighton, Hove, Chichester

Bognor has some nice parts like Aldwick and Felpham, Peacehaven would get my vote as worse.

Can't say theres a best it depends on what you want and what time of your life you are in. Sussex is all good.

Littlehampton gets a bad press but the beaches and river are great and great for a young family. Brighton was fantastic when I was late teens and in my twenties clubbing all the time.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I love living in Lewes... Would not go back to Brighton again... I won't knock anywhere else because it may offend those that are happy with their lot!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I live in Haywards Heath which ranges from incredibly nice on the outskirts towards Lindfield to really scummy behind the town centre into the Bentswood area. Having said that its a long way away from being a contender for the best or worst place to live in Sussex

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Langley Green in Crawley? Obviously Broadfield has to be up there. A few years ago I would have said Horsham as one of the best but its gone downhill and is full of people that look like they belong in Crawley!

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Best Hassocks - affordable, good transport links / schools, beautiful countryside, not pretentious. Worst - Portslade, Crawley, St Leonards

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Hastings always gets a bad press - anyone got anything good to say about it ?

D

Deleted member 18477

Best: Brighton, Hove, Lindfield, Haywards heath (commuter heaven AND close to the seaside!), Cuckfield, Horsham
Worst: Crawley, East Grinstead, Moulsecoomb, Bognor.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I refuse to acknowledge that Crawley is part of Sussex - I see it as an enclave of Shitty Surrey.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nicest places are Findon in Worthing, Lewes and Horsham.

Worst has to be Broadfield Barton in Crawley. My ex lived there and I'd always walk her home after dark to make sure she got back safely. St Leonards is also a bit grim.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here