Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we are the north stand .

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Let's me honest, it's not good is it?

Why - well, not only do Palace sing it, but it excludes 75% of the support as it's limited to one of the ground.

Crap "ultra" nonsense. Next.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Let's me honest, it's not good is it?

Why - well, not only do Palace sing it, but it excludes 75% of the support as it's limited to one of the ground.

Crap "ultra" nonsense. Next.

Yeah because its soooooooo hard to change the word north to west (or east)

In fact during the Donny game the words were changed at some point to

You are the West stand, west stand..................... in the hope I guess that it would catch on.

It isn't a terrible song but the lyrics should be changed so its more of a Brighton song then just the Northstand IMO.

We are the Brighton, Brighton, Brighton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Albion, Albion .......................

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not the first time it's been sung away from home, it was started at MK Dons last season, although including only around 20 people spread out across the away stand.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Comment from Pompey message board:

only 16,000 sold, a couple of those thousand will be brighton.

Brighton I dont consider our rivals in anyway, dery my arse, its a shame that a club with no history or kudos (with scummers too) replaced 2 clubs with just that in sheff utd and preston - 2 proper clubs.

Still, they look a good side, and even at the mad 30 quid prices we still should be getting more than has been sold so far? I would have thought a sellout but it appears the pricing has XXXXXXed many off.

Not a proper club according to the great unwashed of portsea island

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not a proper club? He can f*** right off when we do those scummy bastards tomorrow.

I like [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION] suggestion for ammended lyrics to the song. Perhaps we could have that version for away games, and then the regular North Stand one for home games?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm saying that everyone who sings that song sings "Sussex BY the sea" – think you're hearing things :lolol:

I'm really not, they may be singing that up the back of the stand... but they weren't down the front - certainly not the chap near me, and I'm sure you can understand why that would be annoying.

:thumbsup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We're Brighton, We're Brighton, We're Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion, Albion, Albion
Albion of the Sussex, The Sussex, The Sussex,
Sussex by the Sea, The Sea, the Sea

This should be the away chant to include everyone. Oh and btw, can some people stop moaning and just join in FFS. You are at the football not auditioning for a song contest.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003

This should be the away chant to include everyone. Oh and btw, can some people stop moaning and just join in FFS. You are at the football not auditioning for a song contest.

NO........cos it's a shit chant.

---
- Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Exactly. What people don't seem to realise, is that if NSC had been about in 1970 or whenever and I'd come on here and said "I've got an idea, why don't we sing we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" or "We are Brighton, Super Brighton" etc, a load of miserable fuckers would have said it was shit, cringeworthy, and would never catch on.

Some people are just negative about everything they would moan whatever happened. Stop moaning, get involved and create an atmosphere. If you don't like this song, then come up with another one. If you cant think of anything better then join in with this one until you can.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Last edited:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Exactly. What people don't seem to realise, is that if NSC had been about in 1970 or whenever and I'd come on here and said "I've got an idea, why don't we sing we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" or "We are Brighton, Super Brighton" etc, a load of miserable fuckers would have said it was shit, cringeworthy, and would never catch on.

Some people are just negative about everything they would moan whatever happened. Stop moaning, get involved and create an atmosphere. If you don't like this song, then come up with another one. If you cant think of anything better then join in with this one until you can.

Yet again.......NO........it's shit.

---

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Me; "knock knock"

NSK; "whose there?"

Me; "ISA"

NSK; "ISA who?"

Everyone; " Isa knock kneed chicken and a bowlegged hen,we ain't lost a fight since we don't know when ,
We don't give a wiggle and we dont give a wank........

WE ARE THE BRIGHTON NORTH STAND"

(might be a bit old school for some of you !)

---

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
so looking forward to pompey tomorrow and cant wait to sing the ultras song away from home for the first time . would be nice if everyone sings the lyrics instead of just joining in the 'whooaaa' tho .

gunna be a cracking atmosphere .

I in the bottom left almost in the northstand and i think im the only person in that area who wings it !!! only the top right of the north stand seem to sing it !! I like it wished more people learnt it so we could all sing it just not the whooaaa as you say

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

We're Brighton, Brighton, Brighton

would be better i think wihtout the extre we're

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Can't sing Allbbiooonn - cos Liverpool do that
Can't sing Brighton Aces - cos everybody does that and all it does is copy another song
Can't sing Seagulls - Cos it sounds much too like Eagles

Oh well, we still have GOSBTS - lets not learn the words lets just sing it really really really quick cos that sounds spiffing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here