Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we are the north stand .

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
so looking forward to pompey tomorrow and cant wait to sing the ultras song away from home for the first time . would be nice if everyone sings the lyrics instead of just joining in the 'whooaaa' tho .

gunna be a cracking atmosphere .

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've listened to it a few times at both home matches and it doesn't get any better. Utter rubbish.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
How does it go??

If its the one im thinking of, from the WSL you cant hear any of the words just the wooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...........

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If it gets sung tomorrow, I'll be joining in even though i'll be singing West Stand rather than North.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having been in the North Stand for the game against Gillingham I can happily confirm that the song is truly dire - particularly the last line which appears to be "The Sussex, the Sussex, the Sussex, of the Sea..."

That REALLY grates - if you're going to sing a crap song please at least get the lyrics right, Sussex is BY the sea.

:facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having been in the North Stand for the game against Gillingham I can happily confirm that the song is truly dire - particularly the last line which appears to be "The Sussex, the Sussex, the Sussex, of the Sea..."

The REALLY grates - if you're going to sing a crap song please at least get the lyrics right, Sussex is BY the sea.

Better get your ears sorted then the words I heard were:

OF Sussex OF Sussex OF Sussex OF Sussex by the Sea the Sea the Sea

:facepalm: back at you

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Terrible song, and frankly palace do it better.

Right so you don't want to join in because Palace do it better. I wonder why they do it better? Because everyone joins in perhaps?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton

That REALLY grates - if you're going to sing a crap song please at least get the lyrics right, Sussex is BY the sea.

Don't know what you are going on about ??? nobody sings Sussex 'of' the sea ??? Certainly wern't on Tuesday.

I actually like it... Saturday was much better, unsuprisingly nobody knew the lyrics on Tuesday, but half of them didn't know our team.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It seems to be the whole of the NS right side do, are you in wsu with your one a game aalllbbbiooonnnn yawn

No I'm in the east stand, I like clapping and cheering the boys on what ho!

Tbh that song has not sounded loud unlike most others the north have done. Well done the north and sometimes the west for generating acracking atmosphere :)

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I hate this f***ing song (if you can call it that) with a passion and hatred that I've only had in the past for palarse,thatcher and Fred dinnage !

Tuneless,playground drivel brought to our beautiful new home by nerds for nerds,and I hope it burns on a bonfire of shame and embarrassment !!!

---
- Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Better get your ears sorted then the words I heard were:

OF Sussex OF Sussex OF Sussex OF Sussex by the Sea the Sea the Sea

:facepalm: back at you
This, everyone was definitely singing by.

I really love this song. Sounded great on Saturday from West Stand Lower I Block. Not so great on Tuesday but that's because the regular North Stand lot weren't all there (I imagine), and the 'woahs' spread at least as far as West Stand Upper F Block. If everyone stopped being miserable bastards and joined in then it would cotton on far more quickly. Remember, it may sound better when Palace sing it, but they've had a few years of perfecting it, and let's be honest, their lyrics are dire.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

No, the song is Sussex BY the Sea :facepalm:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Originally Posted by Curious Orange said:

No, the song is Sussex BY the Sea :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here