Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Match 3 - Final Date FRIDAY 23 APRIL - Please read

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Remf Match 3 - Final Date - Please read

Yet another thread !.

Right this is whats on offer. We can used the ground,pitch and facilities on Friday 23rd April 2004, 7.30 pm.

This is ok with the club and the manager of the Withdean Stadium.

Albion are away to Bristol City the following day and therefore it would really only affect anyone planning to travel to Bristol on the Friday.

Other than that its August ( possibly ) or another ground.

Shall we go ahead ?.

3 weeks Friday.

My feelings for what its worth is LETS DO IT !.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Due to time constraints it will be difficult to publicise in a major way but we could knock up a flyer and ask the club if we ca hand them out before the game on Sat 17/4/04 V Peterborough. We can get something on SC Radio ad Southern FM and the Argus and see if PC can do a page in the Albion prgramme on 17/4/04.

If all the Albion players could get a couple along and also Palace with the above advertising we could get a couple of hundred alng.

In a way the attendance is not all important what is , is getting the game played.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If that suits the majority, fine. We're off to Bristol City the following day. We aren't likely to get any players because hopefully, they'll be turning out to play the match we're going to Bristol City to watch!

As for flyers, I can't see any problem at all about giving them out. We never have in the past and it's a question of talking to the right people.

Regarding publicity etc, can we make sure this is co-ordinated so we know WHO is doing WHAT!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
RIGHT, HERE WE GO BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION SUPPORTERS V CRYSTAL PALACE SUPPORTERS FOR THE ROBERT EATON MEMORIAL TROPHY, MATCH 3 AT THE WITHDEAN STADIUM, HOME OF THE SUPER BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION, FRIDAY 23RD APRIL 2004, 7.30 PM KICK OFF.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND PUTTING UP WITH MY STRESS !.

THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION.

GET YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, WORK COLLEAGUES ALONG.

FURTHER DETAILS AND UPDATES WILL FOLLOW OVER THE NEXT 3 WEEKS.

FATBOY, GET THOSE PLAYERS OUT, TRAINING, AN INTENSIVE FITNESS REGIME IS NEEDED.

WE NEED THAT TROPHY BACK IN BRIGHTON !.

GG

roz said:
Regarding publicity etc, can we make sure this is co-ordinated so we know WHO is doing WHAT!!!
This is very important. We need to learn from the Falmer campaign. Random contacts with the Argus / Southern Counties Radio etc can go horribly wrong and lead to no publicity at all. We need to PLAN the publicity campaign.

If Friday 23 April is the date, then we also need to ensure that match officials are organised quickly. Who is going to do this?

What about match balls? I bought a couple last year. Who has them? Are they still available?

Presumably the team will organise kit (this date may be too soon to allow us to take up the 'offer' that fatboy is aware of).

I can contact St John Ambulance Brigade and see if they are available.

Has the stadium manager promised to organise the stewards?

Do we need to arrange insurance?

Can Beach Hut deliver ball boys?

Can Kevin deliver his team?

What time is kick-off?

If we are not going to do a programme, what admission charge will we be making? Who will collect the money on the gate?

Assuming we have the use of the Albion's hospitality suite, what arrangements need to be made? What time will it be open? Who is staying behind after the bar closes to ensure that everything is shut down properly? Do people want food to be available? If so, how will that be arranged? What about the burger stall?

And who is available to help out / run around on the night?

And - no doubt - lots more questions to come.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Collectively we will achieve all of those matters Lord.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I need a list of possible helpers PLEASE as we have a hell of a lot to do in the next 3 weeks.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Just to let you know i can get 11 lads down to play that night.

Also i dont have much computer time at work, started in a new immigration department & they actually expect you to do some work, will report back when i can.

Will get DR FOX to announce the game at our home game before 23rd.

See you all soon.
GG, anything i can do let me know.
Kevin.risby@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You have the use of my services again, if you wish.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we have problems getting officials I am quite happy to do it, however I seem to remember contacting someone at the County FA who asked around to see if anyone wanted to Ref and run the line.

I am not sure what the reaction would be for a Friday night if they have a game the day after?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here