Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am now seriously thinking about emigrating. But where to?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Originally Posted by HovaGirl
I've never kept a cow or calf as a pet, but I have had cuddly wabbits as pets. Couldn't eat one. I did once, though. The wicked stepmother fed me one, knowing I had a bunny running around the garden at the time.

What on Earth did he mean by that?

No idea, which is why I didn't reply.
???

DavePage

Come to Canada, been here nearly 6 years now, living in a City called Woodstock in Ontario Pop about 36500.
Cost of living good, taxes not too bad, enormous, beautiful, clean,
Minuses:
Too far away from the Amex,
no Indian restaurant in our city, nearest decent one is in Stratford (would you believe) haven’t been there yet it’s about 1/2 hour away driving and having a curry without alcohol doesn’t work, so working on that one.
Pubs are different, some redneck but not many here, just a different attitude to going to a pub,
Cheese is like rubber, but if you search you can find places that sell something like we would know.
Bacon is mainly streaky, would’t know back bacon if it slapped them round the head.
Trains are clean & efficient, but there are only 3 trains a day in either direction. I you want a meal & a show or gig in Toronto you either drive there or sleep over because our last train home leaves at about 8pm from Toronto.
Football for some reason they think it’s called soccer, Toronto is in the MLS & the suck.
Took a while to be established even with experience & city & guilds.
Pluses:
We have a beautiful home 5 bed detached, with double garage for what was about 140,000 pounds when we bought it.
Good cost of living, but you still need to work hard due to the wages being lower as well.
Daughter off to University next week, couldn’t see that happening in the UK,
Great place for kids that love sports, they have just taken on (soccer) big time, with great facilities, plus big on baseball & Ice hockey.
There is an English pub, run by scousers with to their credit treat us like family, something you need when you are so new to the country. So guess where I am watching the boys next month??? Don’t let me down guys, bad timing with Liverpool improving under Kenny.
We are 1 1/2 away from Niagara & the States, the great lakes & beauty.
Snow but it’s not our miserable wet winters. ( to be honest I expected it to be colder), roads are cleared & they have everything covered
Always something going on locally & most often free.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I was growing sick of the degeneration of Britain even before the latest trouble. But now I see that even a conservative PM would rather see anarchy than have the troops sort out the scumbags.
The target country needs to have English as its main language but I'm 53, so New Zealand won't want me. Australia has too many poisonous creatures and water shortages for my liking whilst Canada is too freakin' cold! South Africa and Belize are crime-ridden too, whilst the Falklands are too conservative for me. So, is there any alternative to Gibraltar?

your too old for oz as well,sorry mate , unless you loaded in which case you could buy some fly spray and drink bottled water.....come on down...!:whistle:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
"Australia has too many poisonous creatures and water shortages for my liking"

He means you can kill the poisonous things with Fly Spray and cure the water shortage with Bottled Water if your have enough cash to qualify for Oz entry.

I was growing sick of the degeneration of Britain even before the latest trouble. But now I see that even a conservative PM would rather see anarchy than have the troops sort out the scumbags.
The target country needs to have English as its main language but I'm 53, so New Zealand won't want me. Australia has too many poisonous creatures and water shortages for my liking whilst Canada is too freakin' cold! South Africa and Belize are crime-ridden too, whilst the Falklands are too conservative for me. So, is there any alternative to Gibraltar?

Orkneys, Outer Hebrides?
Ah....howabout Jersey?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here