Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs fan's perspective of Amex

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
mate from work is a spurs fan and he went down at the weekend. he emailed me this this morning:

Ground is impressive from outside, didnt realise it's not the same level as the roads outside. Accuuu sticks very good, bit of noise from North stand & west stand. The West stand looks very impressive but the other 3 stands look a bit rushed but I think they are planning on building more in the future to improve the capacity. Plenty of leg room, facilities good e.g beer and toilets. Away end looked very empty with only a 1400 of us there, cos it holds much more but that was due to saferty. Only took 10 mins on train from brighton to falmers. word of warning falmers train station doesnt look big enuf to deal with 20,000 people they will need to lay more trains on. But I would give it 8/10 the ground, rising a bit more if they increase capacity. The game was dull, you were the better team and should have won. No bother at all, plenty of sun and drink. good day.

he also said that the fans were separated in the councourse (away from home, that is). i'm sure i heard somewhere that we would all be mingling with one another. hey ho.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

he also said that the fans were separated in the councourse (away from home, that is). i'm sure i heard somewhere that we would all be mingling with one another. hey ho.

The mingling is only after the game

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
My spurs mate that went moaned about the ground said out side it looks amazing but inside its pretty standard

Good job we don't really care what they think then really isn't it? Honestly, I genuinely couldn't give a rats arse what anybody else thinks of our ground, it's OURS and that's all there is too it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My spurs mate that went moaned about the ground said out side it looks amazing but inside its pretty standard

If he'd been to Withdean, he might appreciate it a bit more! And, as I understand it, the concourses of the away end are pretty much bog standard unlike in the East and West.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Similar sentiment to the Boro fans, it seems.

This is only phase 1, of course. Once we finish phase 2 then it will truly be even more beautiful inside.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
White Hart Lane is nothing special these days, particularly the old shelf side of the ground. Granted we can't build a stadium like Spurs are proposing to turn the Lane into, but as trueblue says, if he'd been to Withdean...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here