Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The argus front page

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Shocking work from the proof reader the headline reads ' Enjoy the sun it while it lasts'. That's poor!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think they actually employ proof readers anymore.

Makes them look like amateurs

They closed the Brighton subs desk and moved operations to Southampton where their subs have to put out two papers - is it any wonder that mistakes are made.

I blame Nigel Adkins

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Shocking work from the proof reader the headline reads ' Enjoy the sun it while it lasts'. That's poor!

I find it amusing that people are so quick to have a pop at the Argus-especially those that slag it off in the comments on the sports section-this is the local paper to Brighton and whilst it may not be perfect-it represents good value and caters for a wide audience who do not wish to go on line every 5 minutes...

Also remember that it has been a great standard bearer for Brighton & Hove Albion's cause over the years and to that end i will applaud it.

Just a shame they did away with the Saturday football supplement a while back..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

.....it is The Argus ....not argus

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They closed the Brighton subs desk and moved operations to Southampton where their subs have to put out two papers - is it any wonder that mistakes are made.

That is the way the local newspaper business is moving. At some point I imagine it will start to move back, but for now, subbing 'hubs' are here to stay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here