Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

advice: selling an iphone on ebay

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
Good morning brainiacs.

just wondered if any of you had used ebay to sell an iphone? or anyone bought on from there? im just looking for some info on what kind of price i should be looking at getting for mine..
Its a black 3gs 16gb on o2 - works absolutely fine BUT it is reconditioned (o2 sent it to me when i complained about having to fork out £100 to get a screen fixed) and because its reconditioned i dont think (legally) it can be insured.

i've seen them going for £200 used on ebay, just wondered how much i should knock off.

Cheers, and have fun everyone on saturday, gutted i cant be there, but will be down for the peterboro game for my first sniff of the amex!
:bhasign:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally I wouldn't bother, too many fraudsters and you'll be constantly relisting etc. Go to Mazuma etc, you'll get less but guaranteed cash in hand within a week

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
dont go to mazuma, they give you shit prices. List it on ebay for 0.99p, it will attract buyers because of a cheap price but list it for at least 5 days. Make it end around 19:30ish. Make sure you describe it in detail. Good luck.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
You'll be fine selling it on there, it is possible to block any bidders without a bank account linked to their ebay account. This immediately stops all the time wasters/fake bidders from f***ing it up for you! Let it run on an auction

Last edited:

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Good morning brainiacs.

just wondered if any of you had used ebay to sell an iphone? or anyone bought on from there? im just looking for some info on what kind of price i should be looking at getting for mine..
Its a black 3gs 16gb on o2 - works absolutely fine BUT it is reconditioned (o2 sent it to me when i complained about having to fork out £100 to get a screen fixed) and because its reconditioned i dont think (legally) it can be insured.

i've seen them going for £200 used on ebay, just wondered how much i should knock off.

Cheers, and have fun everyone on saturday, gutted i cant be there, but will be down for the peterboro game for my first sniff of the amex!
:bhasign:

I will give you £70 now.....pm if u want to discuss (serious no joke)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
[yt]YKtlK7sn0JQ[/yt]

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
cheers for the info lads, didnt want to start a bidding war on here. i'm going to leave it a couple of weeks and find out how much it will cost me to upgrade the handset first. will let you know if i ebay it and you can bid to your hearts content knowing you're buying from an albion fan and all the money will be going on this years away days!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
cheers for the info lads, didnt want to start a bidding war on here. i'm going to leave it a couple of weeks and find out how much it will cost me to upgrade the handset first. will let you know if i ebay it and you can bid to your hearts content knowing you're buying from an albion fan and all the money will be going on this years away days!

I would suggest rather than incur loads of ebay/paypal fees, you put it in the classified section on here and PM the two user who have already expressed interest. Selling on ebay for say £200 will cost you getting on for £30 in charges. A used one sold for £125 today and another for £175 so you could set a price on here and see if you get a bite, at no cost.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
One tip if you do end up putting it on eBay - under no circumstances agree to post it abroad. Make it clear in the listing that you'll only post to the UK. Otherwise you're sending a big advert out to fraudsters all over the planet that you'll have no chance of recompense. I speak from the bitter experience of two former workmates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here