Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food at the Amex

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I had a veggie pie on saturday in the east stand and it was very nice indeed. The pastry wasnt soggy so I dont think it had been nuked. If they are microwaving them, then shame on azure because the piglets product itself is top notch and should not be treated that way.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The lesson is don't go to the footy for food. Thought the veggie burger was poor, but I tend to eat before games anyway so not an issue. My friends had the pies and they were delighted with them, and I thought Pie/Burger + a pint deals were good value. At wembley those prices will just get you the hot dog!

The important thing was that the Harveys was bang on. Reading Ken Brown's remarks in the Argus this morning it looks like we drank them dry, I guess we have proven the demand for real at the Amex.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Do you really though?

£6.50 for a pint (Which costs minimum £3 anywhere in sussex) and a pie with a decent quality filling in is actually pretty good whichever way you look at at. You wouldn't get it as cheap as that in a pub.

Agreed if the pie is hot (it was not) and you can ask for a pint of Harveys, (which is not part of the meal deal). And in a pub I would expect more than just the pie on my plate, how about some chips! (Note the sarcasm).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My chicken pie was magnificent by football ground standards - far better than Pukka mush, and therefore worthy of the slightly inflated price.

If the caterers are microwaving them then that must be stopped.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Thanks for the reference hotchiilidog - hadn't seen the argus yet. Interesting when we were asking for real ale just how many on here doubted the demand there would be - perhaps Tony Meola's Loan Spell would like to comment as he was one who queried every stat provided?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Agreed if the pie is hot (it was not) and you can ask for a pint of Harveys, (which is not part of the meal deal). And in a pub I would expect more than just the pie on my plate, how about some chips! (Note the sarcasm).

Harveys has been part of the "pie and pint meal deal" at the last two games I've been to. I just asked for "a Harveys and steak & ale pie pie and pint meal deal please" and they charged me £6.50. It looks like you have to mention the "pie and pint meal deal" bit quite loudly otherwise they enter the items into the till individually as you order them and charge you more!

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Harveys has been part of the "pie and pint meal deal" at the last two games I've been to. I just asked for "a Harveys and steak & ale pie pie and pint meal deal please" and they charged me £6.50. It looks like you have to mention the "pie and pint meal deal" bit quite loudly otherwise they enter the items into the till individually as you order them and charge you more!

Interesting because they asked what beer and I asked for Harveys and was told it was not part of the deal, only the lagers. Where were you sitting? Seems like some inconsistency creeping in.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
West Stand Upper

Well I'll try again Saturday and see what happens. I'm sure it will take time to settle down to some consistency but all bar managers should be "singing off the same hymn sheet", right?

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Had a Chicken pie at the SSCF and it was nice but fell apart.

The Harveys went early doors in the 1901 against Spurs.

Attachments

• 169.JPG
    169.JPG
    590.9 KB · Views: 77

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Had a Chicken pie at the SSCF and it was nice but fell apart.

The Harveys went early doors in the 1901 against Spurs.

in the 1901 i was in they had Harveys Albion Ale by the bottle as well, it was very nice

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Where was the crispy beef noodles? ???

was really looking forward to them, was it just WSL that didn't have them available on Saturday?

Hope they have them ready for Donny. :)

one would assume that if the noodles are crispy, maybe they've not been cooked? :lolol:

across the desert lies the promised land, Withdean. And granted, THIS desert has several bars <3 :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here