Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Clubs TV Appearances 5 Aug - 18 Dec 2011

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Must be some sort of love in between Sky/Leeds!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-01 at 14.16.53.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-01 at 14.16.53.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 509

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I quite agree, but at £250,000 a time it's a lucrative gig!

Is that what the fee is for a Championship game? I thought that figure was for the prem.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Leeds fans seem a little pissed off with their allocation.

I would imagine that the time changes are an inconvenience and Bates will trouser the dough.

I know it is about viewing figures, but it is rubbish that certain teams feature more than others. I would be more in favour of the cashpot being shared out rather than appearance fees. Certainly giving a few clubs the upper hand when it comes to income.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm sure I read that is what we are receiving for the Leeds match.

That seems a huge jump from league 1 which is about 40k. I really can't see it being that high.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haven't we sold more season tickets than Leeds?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Leeds are every team's rivals though. It doesn't matter who the club is, at some point, they'll have had some reason to start up a rivalry with them. That, and Leeds are still a very big club, even in a league with West Ham. In fact, they're possibly the biggest club in the league in terms of history, fanbase, stadium... Just lacking a squad. They are a lot weaker than they were last season, and they weren't quite good enough then!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
no palace on telly!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Leeds are every team's rivals though. It doesn't matter who the club is, at some point, they'll have had some reason to start up a rivalry with them. That, and Leeds are still a very big club, even in a league with West Ham. In fact, they're possibly the biggest club in the league in terms of history, fanbase, stadium... Just lacking a squad. They are a lot weaker than they were last season, and they weren't quite good enough then!

this

there are leeds fans all over the county, and as such they will be a bigger draw on television than anybody else in the league. at the end of the day, it's not about showing every team but about doing what will get sky their best viewing figures, which is why the leeds united have to feature so heavily

bit mystified by the southampton thing though - the only thing i can think of as to why they are on so much is that sky are expecting them to be doing very well this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here