Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports News

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't have sports package but like to watch SSN. Just switched on and it says it's now a subscription channel - is that correct? Always been on my free list till now .. wonder if it's an error on my box ... can't go through the pain of ringing

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
I don't have sports package but like to watch SSN. Just switched on and it says it's now a subscription channel - is that correct? Always been on my free list till now .. wonder if it's an error on my box ... can't go through the pain of ringing

It is correct, been a subsciption channel for a few months now!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think it's been a Pay Channel for a few months now on Virgin Media. Since they went to being Sky Sports News in HD.

To be honest Its worth paying just for some of the birds that read the news. HOT.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm on Virgin - the medium package I think - and SSN is available for me. Watch as I get home tonight and discover I can't see it any more

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Mine stopped as of this morning. Says it's an extra £1 per month from now on. (I'm on Sky basic package btw).

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
It's in the "News and Events" pack for Sky customers. You may (like me) have removed that to save yourself £1 per month. Now I am on their special "Movies half price for 3 months" deal, I will lose that if I change my package - so it would now effectively cost me £9 a month to add it back in!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mine stopped as of this morning. Says it's an extra £1 per month from now on. (I'm on Sky basic package btw).

Yep .. this and others .. I've got HD but just the basic package - it just changed this morning, no warning :rant:

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I was gutted this morning when I had to find something else to watch whilst eating my bacon sandwhich. Wouldn't have minded so much if they had warned us! Extra £1 is alright though, was worried that we'd have to get the whole sports package!

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I actually cancelled the skysports package last month but I still get Skysportsnews which is weird because I said I didn't want it! They might have left it on by mistake but I dont get charged for it! the extra £1 is a great price though for argubly the most important channel on sky!!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I'm on Virgin Media . Don't subscribe to the sports channels (apparently show a lot of Prem games) but I still have SSN. Watched it over the weekend for our nano second of coverage.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm with BT Vision and really miss SSN...don't know what to do really but really annoyed when it went off freeview

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was gutted this morning when I had to find something else to watch whilst eating my bacon sandwhich. Wouldn't have minded so much if they had warned us! Extra £1 is alright though, was worried that we'd have to get the whole sports package!

I feel your pain! There I was at 5:50am having a cuppa & fried egg sandwich watching Sky Sports News and then on came the adverts ready for the switch over to 'Good Morning Sports Fans' and then suddenly I was denied.

If, as others have suggested it is only going to cost me a £1 a month to get it back then I will get it sorted.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here