Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Storer (and other Legends)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I took my kids along to the Heritage Board in Hove Park yesterday. This is the first time I've taken them to the Goldstone (we still didn't go in) but felt that some demons have now been exorcised.

Anyway, I showed them the pictures and told them about the last game and the final goal. My 4 year old then piped up and said 'The man that scored that was at the game yesterday' (nothing gets past him) at which point I recalled that poor Mr Storer was there but before entering the pitch he was accosted by Papa Lazarou on his stag do who I understand decided to get his attention by shouting 'Stooooooreeeeeer..............Stuart Stooooooreeeeeer' in true Jim Proudfoot commentary stylee.

It was also strange to think that the last time I saw Mike Bailey, I was being beaten up by a palace fan at a friendly against Fisher Athletic (where Bailey was manager) and the time prior to that I was calling for him to be sacked!

So did anybody elese have a pang of guilt or a good encounter with a legend on saturday?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I hope the club had a suitable pang of guilt over the way they'd treated Chris Cattlin all this time.

Why - Cattlin said he would leave if he didn't get us promoted. He didn't. He left

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We finished about 6th in the league and they sacked him.

And replaced him with.........................Barry Lloyd!!!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So did anybody elese have a pang of guilt or a good encounter with a legend on saturday?

I was out in town with Peter Ward, Gordon Smith and Andy Rollings maungst others. We tried to get into Lucky Voice Karaoke about midnight, but they didnt have any rooms until 1am, so we called it a night. That would have been a bit surreal singing a song with them.

Before attempting to get into Lucky Voice we were in the pub with Gary Williams and Teddy Maybank and a few Brighton fans.

There was a random man in the pub, he saw my Brighton shirt and asked me about the score. Turns out he was a Rotherham fan, so we chatted about our love for Richie Barker. He then said, that I might be a bit a young, but he remembers an amazing player called Peter Ward. I then turned round, tapped Wardy on the shoulder and introduced Rotherham fan to Peter Ward. He then said about the FA Cup final and Smith must score, so we got Gordon Smith to talk to said Rotherham fan too

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There was a random man in the pub, he saw my Brighton shirt and asked me about the score. Turns out he was a Rotherham fan, so we chatted about our love for Richie Barker. He then said, that I might be a bit a young, but he remembers an amazing player called Peter Ward. I then turned round, tapped Wardy on the shoulder and introduced Rotherham fan to Peter Ward. He then said about the FA Cup final and Smith must score, so we got Gordon Smith to talk to said Rotherham fan too

That is priceless, LOL

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was out in town with Peter Ward, Gordon Smith and Andy Rollings maungst others. We tried to get into Lucky Voice Karaoke about midnight, but they didnt have any rooms until 1am, so we called it a night. That would have been a bit surreal singing a song with them.

Before attempting to get into Lucky Voice we were in the pub with Gary Williams and Teddy Maybank and a few Brighton fans.

You... TART.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In future we'll ban Mendoza from these threads (he's the flat track bully of meeting minor celebrities)

He then said, that I might be a bit a young, but he remembers an amazing player called Peter Ward. I then turned round, tapped Wardy on the shoulder and introduced Rotherham fan to Peter Ward. He then said about the FA Cup final and Smith must score, so we got Gordon Smith to talk to said Rotherham fan too
... and then in walked Leon Knight, pissed as a rat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As you say, [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION], we met Storer on our way to the station and he was in good form. Seemed remarkably solid and fit I noted - well done him. A random woman joined in our photos - she has her arm round me in one of her shots. But it was that sort of day - all smiles and happiness.

We also met David Davis. Or David Davies, maybe and he was also good for a quick chat - speaking very clearly about that Monday night down at the Concorde Bar etc.

Gordon Smith was on our train back to town although not in our carriage so were not aware until everyone spilled out onto the concourse and broke into song. Again - he looked amazingly good and joined in the general revelry.

What a fab day Saturday was.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, and we saw Dick Knight too, but didn't bother with him. EVERYONE's already got Dick Knight in their collection.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove

One in a lifetime. Priceless

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Who knows - left or sacked... he went - but he did say when he was appointed he would get us up or leave - we didn't, he did. Don't get me wrong I thought his team had real quality - just didn't deliver all it should have

Cattlin has never returned to the club after an acrimonious departure in 1986, that resulted in an out of court settlement in his favour.

He looks for their results first and watches televised highlights.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Wow, you must be the superest fan here.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Typical of the PA on Saturday that it completely failed when Chris Cattlin was introduced. I knew it was him from what I has heard of the long introduction, even before he appeared on the screen, but I am sure that some younger people around me (i.e under 30!) did not have a clue who he was, and how significant it was for him. Good to see Catt and Wardy stay on the pitch a bit longer than the others in front of the East Stand.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Who knows - left or sacked... he went - but he did say when he was appointed he would get us up or leave - we didn't, he did. Don't get me wrong I thought his team had real quality - just didn't deliver all it should have

Cattlin has never returned to the club after an acrimonious departure in 1986, that resulted in an out of court settlement in his favour.

He looks for their results first and watches televised highlights.
Err. He was sacked. He didn't leave by choice, they sacked him.

He had the smallest squad in the division, and worked wonders to get us to within one game of the 1st division.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Err. He was sacked. He didn't leave by choice, they sacked him.

He had the smallest squad in the division, and worked wonders to get us to within one game of the 1st division.

but did say that he would leave if he didn't get us prmoted. He didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here