Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSL

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
My first experience of west stand lower on saturday. Was sitting about 8 rows from the front just to the right of the dugout. Thought the atmosphere was spot on. Few lads behind me were up for a good old sing song, good bit of banter and even the guy directly behind me couldnt stop laughing in disbelief when we were passing it round them for fun in the first half.

Overall Im very happy with my choice of seat WSL had a cracking atmosphere and hope those near me on saturday are regular season ticket holders.

In other news there was a guy giving it seagulls, seagulls seagulls a few rows in front of me, howeve when i noticed the Liverpool liverbird tatooed on his right arm i thought it was abit strange/ Annoying

Anyway WSL is the place to be this season, guaranteed

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I concur mate....were bordering the 1901 17 rows up on the right.

The only thing I'd say is we need to start the atmosphere next Saturday and sing whatever, we dont need to wait for the North stand to spur us on...lets get behind them from the first minute and not be afraid to start the odd song or two.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My first experience of west stand lower on saturday. Was sitting about 8 rows from the front just to the right of the dugout. Thought the atmosphere was spot on. Few lads behind me were up for a good old sing song, good bit of banter and even the guy directly behind me couldnt stop laughing in disbelief when we were passing it round them for fun in the first half.

Overall Im very happy with my choice of seat WSL had a cracking atmosphere and hope those near me on saturday are regular season ticket holders.

In other news there was a guy giving it seagulls, seagulls seagulls a few rows in front of me, howeve when i noticed the Liverpool liverbird tatooed on his right arm i thought it was abit strange/ Annoying

Anyway WSL is the place to be this season, guaranteed

Don't be annoyed-be happy that The Amex is attracting lost support. The fact he was making some noise for The Albion is great. Lots of people have second teams-sadly, The Withdean years meant that The Albion became their second team-the worm is turning.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Have to admit, I wasn't sure about sitting in WSL at first...was seriously thinking about sitting in North Stand (taking me back to Goldstone days), but I was outvoted! Season ticket is in W1C...was slightly disappointed that I was unable to encourage more people to sing more regularly...but am hoping this will change once regular STHs take their seats...

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Me and my lad are WSL, row N towards the North Stand. Away at the moment so wasn't there on Saturday but looking forward to a good old sing song against Donny. There for the last game at the Goldstone and will be there for the first league game at the Amex. Cannot wait!

DanDan

Aug 1, 2011
So because I am also a Liverpool fan as well as a Brighton fan that is annoying to you? I was a season ticket holder at the withdean and have spent £600 on a season ticket at the Amex and as you said was singing all the albion songs but that is annoying to you?!? Yeah I have a liverbird tattooed on my arm... Does that mean I'm not welcome at the Amex to support my home team. I have my reasons for supporting two clubs and you have no right to judge. You should welcome any fan into our stadium especially if they are singing with you!!! Grow up!

JaysonSpace

Aug 1, 2011
Why do you find it strange/annoying for someone to support a top flight club as well as their home team? most people in Brighton do which you are obviously un-aware of. nothing wrong with it, i myself was brought up to be a reds fan but also an albion fan too as it is also my home town. Don't have to just follow one team. besides there is nothing wrong with enjoying some regular top class football a stone throw away from where we live. i have you know this guy your slating as "strange/ annoying had a season ticket last year at the withdean and attended lots of away games too both for the albion and the reds. so i dont see how its strange? he's just a big football fan and enjoys watching the wonderfull sport. If anything he's probably more of an albion fan than you so maybe thats what you find so annoying? But dont you worry yourself because as the season goes on he's only gona get louder and louder! "SEAGULLS!!!!!!"

Tigger28

Aug 1, 2011
Portslade / Wimbledon
Im WSL and sit with the boys above and whilst i think they have the wrong end of the stick in marching on here and replying, glad to see a good atmosphere on saturday. Think we have a group of nine lads in that row with season tickets and glad we have some others in the block who have similar thoughts so lets make sure donny is even better.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure every time I read this stuff it must be Palace having a laugh. Certainly plays into their hands. Would rather we just deleted threads like this TBH

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Im WSL and sit with the boys above and whilst i think they have the wrong end of the stick in marching on here and replying, glad to see a good atmosphere on saturday. Think we have a group of nine lads in that row with season tickets and glad we have some others in the block who have similar thoughts so lets make sure donny is even better.

Yeah, jeez, didnt mean to offend anyone. I was saying how good the atmosphere was where i was and how the guys around me seemed a good laugh. And you cant say its not strange the guy giving it the large seagulls chant having a Liverpool tatoo on his arm. You would imagine to have a tatoo you have to be a pretty hardcore fan. Anyway fair play to the lad for giving it a good old sing song.

And the guy who said i was 'slating' this chap, I certainly wasnt??

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm WSL (well, I will be from this coming Saturday onwards) and I am WAY beyond excited for my first visit. I also plan to be somewhat vocal for the duration of the season.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
It's going to be a loooong season...

FWIW, if you're prepared to put your money where your mouth is and actually buy a season ticket then as far as I'm concerned you should be made welcome, Liverpool tattoo or Eagle tattoo (well...maybe not!)

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Well I'm 11 rows back in the WSL to the right of the home dugout and lost my voice from shouting/ singing on Saturday... so count me in!!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
So because I am also a Liverpool fan as well as a Brighton fan that is annoying to you? I was a season ticket holder at the withdean and have spent £600 on a season ticket at the Amex and as you said was singing all the albion songs but that is annoying to you?!? Yeah I have a liverbird tattooed on my arm... Does that mean I'm not welcome at the Amex to support my home team. I have my reasons for supporting two clubs and you have no right to judge. You should welcome any fan into our stadium especially if they are singing with you!!! Grow up!

In response, i think youve got the wrong end of the stick. If you read the post I said i found it annoying. And i do find it annoying that because of 14 years in the shit we have lost alot of albion fans to the premier league, struggling to get 5,000 fans in a tinpot ground. We are a big club with a massive fan base and its annoying that we had lost alot of those fans. The 'annoying' was not aimed at yourself and im sure being a Withdean season ticket holder you therefor see what i mean in the support weve lost over the past few years. And yes pal, I do welcome any fan singing with me. Didnt mean to piss u off!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here