Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STOP all this internal bickering...

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I can't believe how The Amex, a symbol of victory for ALL fans standing together against corruption, deceit and legal red tape, is being marred by all this bickering on here.

Who the f cares what stand sings louder, longer and more often?

Who cares which of us are JCLs or long-in-the-tooth Albion sufferers?

We even have sniping on here about who should wear replica shirts and who shouldn't.

I hate to think what rival fans must think when they see these threads let alone the example it sets to new or younger Albion fans.

Let's remember where we've come from and why we fought so hard for OUR new home and show some respect for our fellow fans - no matter where they sit, what they wear and0 whether they sing or not.

:bhasign:

This! Great Post.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe how The Amex, a symbol of victory for ALL fans standing together against corruption, deceit and legal red tape, is being marred by all this bickering on here.

Who the f cares what stand sings louder, longer and more often?

Who cares which of us are JCLs or long-in-the-tooth Albion sufferers?

We even have sniping on here about who should wear replica shirts and who shouldn't.

I hate to think what rival fans must think when they see these threads let alone the example it sets to new or younger Albion fans.

Let's remember where we've come from and why we fought so hard for OUR new home and show some respect for our fellow fans - no matter where they sit, what they wear and0 whether they sing or not.

:bhasign:
It's not sniping, it's opinions. We don't all think the same, sorry. Well actually I'm not sorry as I think it would be a very bland world if we all had identical opinions. And I think the "who's the loudest stand?" debate is just banter, at the very worst it might inspire a bit of healthy vocal competition between the different stands/areas which will ultimately benefit the team - which IS what we all want.

Can't join in with the general 'well saids', sorry. (This time I AM sorry as I think your heart's in the right place).

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's almost as if since we've now got EVERYTHING we've ever wanted - awesome new stadium, chairman investing in the team, best young manager in the game, championship winning side, players that other teams would kill for, healthy bank balance, parity with Palace and a very rosy looking future - we just don't know how to deal with it all.

So used are we to having to fight just to survive and hating the ex board, Lewes District Council, Falmer Parish Council, Melanie Cuttress, Ann DeVecchi and everyone else who stood in our way that now all these people have lost and we've moved on with them no longer able to hurt us we're suddenly in this position where we can't quite work out where to be directing our anger, rage and hatred. Obviously Judas Murray's dumbass decision to jump overboard to the Palace shipwreck has helped focus the resentment a little, but it's not the same.

I was at the game on Saturday and absolutely LOVED every second of it but it still hasn't quite sunk in. I mean, this is the Albion, we're perennial underdogs - the strugglers.

For the first time in a VERY long time there's NOTHING off field to be concerned about so we can just focus on the playing side of things, and wouldn't you know it, that's just peachy too.

Whether you care to admit it or not we all LOVE a good moan and right now it's bloody hard to pick faults in anything Albion related so we seem to be making up targets and turning on one another when really we should just be focusing on how many goals we can smash past Speroni next month before picking him up on a free at the end of the season as Palace are relegated.

It will take time to adjust but we all have to get used to the fact we're not shit anymore. In fact we're a lot better than "not shit" anymore, we're f***ing brilliant

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
yes, stop it. we should all sit about like nice polite fans and applaud everything anyone else does or says. conflicting opinions should be kept to your self. at the games, we should politely clap each skillfull touch by the players (both side obviously) and if we disagree with anything by the players, the officials or the manager, we should quietly ponder it to ourself later.

total reductio ad absurdum

he wasn't saying that, was he? he was addressing the extent that the 'banter' seems to be going to... for example posters quite nastily laying in to each other about whether the west stand made enough noise on saturday! ridiculous.

we should all revel in differences of opinion or styles of support, but that doesn't include starting to call a fellow fan a 'muggy c**t' for thinking the west stand was as loud as the north.

on the doorstep of the dream we shouldn't have time for disrespect like has been popping up, should be just plain and simple LOVING IT

edit: just realised the irony of bickering for the cause of stopping bickering in a stop bickering thread... err... carry on... :facepalm:

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
i totally agree with you but the seeds were sown when the so called roost and wsu started to believe they were superior to the north and east stands .Now it has made the fans in these stands LAUGH ABOUT THE BOAST OF HOW GREAT IT WAS GOING TO BE UP THERE which i believe it still will be, but the north is going to be great to. Hopefullythis will be forgotten about soon and we can all cheer on the team together but the problem was created on here

If you think the bickering is bad here, it is NOTHING compared to what is happening at the club itself.

Board members not talking to each other.

Different parts of the club's admin not in communication.

Plots and subplots in relation to appointments, with nights of long knives taking place.

NSC seen as the source of all evil, as we won't tie the party line, so ostracised as a result by very senior people at the club.

I blame the cyclists.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i totally agree with you but the seeds were sown when the so called roost and wsu started to believe they were superior to the north and east stands .Now it has made the fans in these stands LAUGH ABOUT THE BOAST OF HOW GREAT IT WAS GOING TO BE UP THERE which i believe it still will be, but the north is going to be great to. Hopefullythis will be forgotten about soon and we can all cheer on the team together but the problem was created on here

Just a case of being bored in the end - bickering about the Albion on here is something to do. The stuff we argue about here most of the time we probably couldn't give much of a f*** about in reality.

Win for the Albion Saturday. 3-1.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
total reductio ad absurdum

he wasn't saying that, was he? he was addressing the extent that the 'banter' seems to be going to... for example posters quite nastily laying in to each other about whether the west stand made enough noise on saturday! ridiculous.

we should all revel in differences of opinion or styles of support, but that doesn't include starting to call a fellow fan a 'muggy c**t' for thinking the west stand was as loud as the north.

on the doorstep of the dream we shouldn't have time for disrespect like has been popping up, should be just plain and simple LOVING IT

edit: just realised the irony of bickering for the cause of stopping bickering in a stop bickering thread... err... carry on... :facepalm:

Got me chuckling

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here