Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 or whatever the corporate are is called

huge

Mar 23, 2011
All I am saying is from the East the entire section of the West only had a couple of hundred people sat down at the second half kick off.....so keep your shirt on there is no need to swear....remember its school holidays!!!!!!!!

I dont need a beer at HT I can get one 45 mins later at FT....if I eat just befor KO I dont need food 45 mins later...a quick piss and thats it Im ready for second half

Good point! Everyone else should have their season tickets revoked. Much better when there was just the 7000 thousand of us regular "real supporters". Perhaps we can close off the other stands and squeeze us all in to the North stand. just like the good old days. It's such a shame what we have become.
Oh here's an idea when it rains to compensate us for the roof we now have maybe they can turn the sprinklers on us so we don't miss out on that open to the element provincial stand we used to have?
Also those lost generation of kids now wanting to watch us instead of United because they can now, they can all jog on too!! Bloody JCL's

:facepalm:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry for swearing, I am getting quite fed up with the constant snide remarks on this site aimed squarely at the 1901 Club. I don't understand why people have to persistantly make negative comments about somthing that is a huge success story for the club. The club needs money to continue moving up, TB won't simply dip in his pockets for everything (like new players). The club has made millions selling these seats, that should be celebrated, not derided. Club/Corporate seating is a fixture at all football clubs, it is essential for financing the modern football club, it's the way it is, and it is for the ultimate benefit of the club, the team and all the fans.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
All I am saying is from the East the entire section of the West only had a couple of hundred people sat down at the second half kick off.....so keep your shirt on there is no need to swear....remember its school holidays!!!!!!!!

I dont need a beer at HT I can get one 45 mins later at FT....if I eat just befor KO I dont need food 45 mins later...a quick piss and thats it Im ready for second half

So no one should have a beer or pie at half time? Might just as well take the refreshment bars out and install more toilets!

I think you need to realise that we are no longer at the Withdean and the club need corporate business. I am not a 1901 memeber but you need recognise that some of these people will see Saturdays at the Amex as a bit of a jolly up and won't really care about the results, however the vast majority of 1901 fans I met on Saturday were geniune fans, many from the Goldstone days. I think you need a little reality check, the game was a friendly, I left my seat in the WSL before the end of the 1st half to get a pint which I wouldn't do in a league game. Chill out and watch the football not the stands.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
1901 club r invaluable in revenue terms for the club. not only in their monthly contribution but also they will book conferencing facilities during the week etc. if we want Brighton to be a successfully club it is vital we do not alienated any revenue stream.

btw i sit with my son and father in the east stand

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Sorry for swearing, I am getting quite fed up with the constant snide remarks on this site aimed squarely at the 1901 Club. I don't understand why people have to persistantly make negative comments about somthing that is a huge success story for the club. The club needs money to continue moving up, TB won't simply dip in his pockets for everything (like new players). The club has made millions selling these seats, that should be celebrated, not derided. Club/Corporate seating is a fixture at all football clubs, it is essential for financing the modern football club, it's the way it is, and it is for the ultimate benefit of the club, the team and all the fans.

I just pointed out that from the east it looked empty....people have said there were problems knowing the game had restarted . I hope its better next week..

Have you ever seen a England home game at Wembly? the whole are around the tunnel is empty for a good 10 mins after restrt.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
So no one should have a beer or pie at half time? Might just as well take the refreshment bars out and install more toilets!

I think you need to realise that we are no longer at the Withdean and the club need corporate business. I am not a 1901 memeber but you need recognise that some of these people will see Saturdays at the Amex as a bit of a jolly up and won't really care about the results, however the vast majority of 1901 fans I met on Saturday were geniune fans, many from the Goldstone days. I think you need a little reality check, the game was a friendly, I left my seat in the WSL before the end of the 1st half to get a pint which I wouldn't do in a league game. Chill out and watch the football not the stands.

Free country I can watch what I want.....I paid my ticket...as the others have said....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was in 1901 West Stand and very few people left before half time, there were quite a few of the people in the regular part of the West Stand departing early for it.

And the lounge is incredibly soundproofed, you couldn't hear any chants, whistles or anything from inside. I downed my drink as soon as we were told the 2nd half had started (weren't told the players had come out) and there was already 3 minutes of the second half gone

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Absolute disgrace on Saturday they disappear 5 mins before half time and dont return until 10 mins into the second half...

Call yourselves fans?

Whats the excuses?

To be fair mate, I didnt go for a drink or anything at half time (Im in west stand lower) and by the time it had kicked off I looked around me and half the people were still inside. My dad didnt get back until 7 minutes into the second half. I dont think it was just 1901ers I think everyone seemed to take ages

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

From the West stand, the East stand looked half empty for the whole match

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolute disgrace on Saturday they disappear 5 mins before half time and dont return until 10 mins into the second half...

Call yourselves fans?

Whats the excuses?

I got talking to some Nigerians, lovely chaps, we shared a few drinks and got delayed. What's the issue?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it's the club's fault. Serving pints at half time is great, but it's a mission to get out, queue up, drink a pint, have a piss and get back to your seat in 15 minutes. I think they should scrap half time pints and only sell Tuaca or Jaeger Bombs. :wink:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think it's the club's fault. Serving pints at half time is great, but it's a mission to get out, queue up, drink a pint, have a piss and get back to your seat in 15 minutes. I think they should scrap half time pints and only sell Tuaca or Jaeger Bombs. :wink:

Or have a booking system like they do at the theatre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Personally, I do wonder why folk feel the urge to leave their seat, queue, order and down a pint all within 15 mins. I cannot be arsed to rush around at the best of times...a certainly not when it's my leisure time.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010

Call yourselves fans?

Whats the excuses?

your dumb..

1.) i had a steak pie at half time

2.) they called us to our seats 4 minutes in to the 2nd half, so i had no idea it had started because we are in a lounge and can't hear you (amazing fans not missing a minute)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Personally, I do wonder why folk feel the urge to leave their seat, queue, order and down a pint all within 15 mins. I cannot be arsed to rush around at the best of times...a certainly not when it's my leisure time.

1 in 4 people in this country have a drink problem. I'm certainly one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here