Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened to boycott Forfars????

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
After years of refusing to buy anything from Forfars, I really would not want to buy anything now from them.
Personal decision, but things like that take a long while to put right, and my "long while" is not up yet as far as they are concerned.

A couple of questions if you please:

Was Mrs Cuttress ever employed by Forfars?
Is Mrs Cuttress still employed by Forfars?

As an aside, the week after the title was won my wife came home with a couple of cake things with League 1 champions and the badge on.

My own personal boycott ended roughly 10 minutes after that.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Slight difference-The Swan has a new landlord who is Albion friendly. Mrs Forfars (Cuttress) and her cronies nearly killed The Albion's dreams and future.

Ban The Bun.
Absolutely spot on. Mr Cutress might just be a hen-pecked wimp but Mrs Cutress is an evil old witch who tried to destroy the Albion for her own selfish ends. Her, Norman Baker, Marina Pepper and Anne De Vecchi will never be forgiven. Not in my book anyway.

Oh, and hi there Melanie, I know from your daughter Rachel that you read NSC! :wave:

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
Slight difference-The Swan has a new landlord who is Albion friendly. Mrs Forfars (Cuttress) and her cronies nearly killed The Albion's dreams and future.

Ban The Bun.

Spot on, Bwian. Yes we've won the battle and have a brand spanking new stadium but let's not forget those who did their utmost to try to stop us.

I'm 47 and still boo when I walk past any Forfars, let alone go in and buy something!

Bearing grudges is very healthy, you know...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Nope. We won. The stadium is built. and I need somewhere close by to purchase a loaf of bread.

and anyway - to err is human, to forgive divine.

Now, Archer, Bellotti and Stanley on the other hand................................................................................ that's hatred

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as pointed out above, season ticket holding Tim Cuttress is owner and runs Forfar, so i've never fully understood the Forfars boycott. a bit like boycotting the whole of Lewes district because some of the councillors were against Falmer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
After years of refusing to buy anything from Forfars, I really would not want to buy anything now from them.
Personal decision, but things like that take a long while to put right, and my "long while" is not up yet as far as they are concerned.

In the same way it was great to see Focus go under despite Archer no longer being involved there, I won't be sad to see Forfars go the same way.

I didn't use Focus
I don't knowingly eat anything from Forfars
and I refuse to drink Archers (just in case).

Ban The Bun.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nope. We won. The stadium is built. and I need somewhere close by to purchase a loaf of bread.

and anyway - to err is human, to forgive divine.

Now, Archer, Bellotti and Stanley on the other hand................................................................................ that's hatred

What's the difference-her Forfars money was instrumental in The Amex being delayed and delayed and delayed? Archer, Stanley and Bellotti were out to destroy the club, Cuttress was too by the delaying tactics she used. Forfars money allowed her to be such a f***ing bitch.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What's the difference-her Forfars money was instrumental in The Amex being delayed and delayed and delayed? Archer, Stanley and Bellotti were out to destroy the club, Cuttress was too by the delaying tactics she used. Forfars money allowed her to be such a f***ing bitch.

I thought it was Lewes District Council's council tax money she used.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
as pointed out above, season ticket holding Tim Cuttress is owner and runs Forfar, so i've never fully understood the Forfars boycott. a bit like boycotting the whole of Lewes district because some of the councillors were against Falmer.

I have more understanding for those in falmer village who objected than I do for Norman Baker, Anne De Vecchi, David Neighbour or Marina Pepper who I still believe should rot in hell alongside bellotti, archer, stanley.

Tim is inherently a nice guy who had an opinion that the site wasnt right. He however was married to a very strong minded lady who was on the parish council and is now a lib dem LDC councillor. He told me that when the parish council met at his house he would be banished to the shed as they didn't trust him because he used to say positive things about the club when they all thought we were the devil incarnate.

The person who says that Margaret Cuttress is no longer a director maybe talking about another person as Tim's wife is Melanie.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

She was a director and he is married to the bitch who tried to destroy the club by draining it of funds it didn't have and couldn't afford to waste. If he had any bollocks he'd have told her to shut the f*** up. Instead, he allowed her to run her campaign which wouldn't have had the influence it did without her being in a moneyed, privileged position.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought it was Lewes District Council's council tax money she used.

Forfars money elevated the bitch to a position of influence and power.

No regular LDC councillor had the influence or bollocks to mount the campaign they did and without Cuttress it would have been over a couple of years earlier.

Anyway, my personal boycott will continue until I draw my last breath and god help anybody who uses Forfars to supply the sandwiches at my funeral. Haunt them I will.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Do they need boycotting.

They are over priced and most have a Greggs near them now, so I don't see them being around much longer to be honest.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Their Sussex Syrup cake is DIVINE

petefromtheblock

Aug 1, 2011
I think someone needs to contact Simon Cowell and get him to produce a charity track with the X-Factor finalists and call it "Ban the Bun!". Maybe make it a bit more street and get that horrible little scrubber Cher Lloyd involved and call it "Ban the mutha f*cking Bun!"... Dunno, just an idea.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Tim is inherently a nice guy who had an opinion that the site wasnt right. He however was married to a very strong minded lady who was on the parish council and is now a lib dem LDC councillor. He told me that when the parish council met at his house he would be banished to the shed as they didn't trust him because he used to say positive things about the club when they all thought we were the devil incarnate.

Without having heard this particular story, this is always the view I've had. Tim Cuttress himself is a nice guy, who does follow the Albion. I'm not sure Melanie has ever actually been an owner of Forfars, she's his wife.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here