Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke du jour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why Parents Drink

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers resolved, he dialled the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ? '

'Is your daddy home?' he asked.

' Yes ,' whispered the small voice.
May I talk with him?'

The child whispered, ' No .'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' ' Yes '

'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, ' No '

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

' Yes , ' whispered the child, ' a policeman . '

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

' No, he's busy , ' whispered the child.

'Busy doing what?'

' Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive. Again, whispering, the child answered,

' The search team just landed a helicopter '

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...

' ME . '

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely the adults, in the house, would have been alerted by at least one ring of the phone.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
And I trust the boss was able to get his computer problem resolved. Did he have to wait for the employee to come in, or receive assistance from another party?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Why was there a Fireman there? Do they attend in the event of a missing child being reported?

Or maybe the father had caught the fireman hiding in the bedroom wardrobe?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
i find that if you just turn the computer off, and then back on again, that seems to work. Did he try that? Would have saved himself a phone call then.

Did he sack the dad? You should really ring in when you are off work.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely the adults, in the house, would have been alerted by at least one ring of the phone.

They were outside speaking to the police and being deafened by an approaching helicopter and fire engine klaxon so didn't hear the phone I imagine :rolleyes:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
If my child was missing, I'd have the phone at my side and answer it immediately at all times. I believe that these parents were lax in their sense of duty to their own offspring. If I was the child, I wouldn't bother hiding, I'd use the phone to ring social services and have someone come round and take him from these neglectful parents.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were outside speaking to the police and being deafened by an approaching helicopter and fire engine klaxon so didn't hear the phone I imagine :rolleyes:
Of course silly me, now the joke makes sense.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i find that if you just turn the computer off, and then back on again, that seems to work. Did he try that? Would have saved himself a phone call then.

Did he sack the dad? You should really ring in when you are off work.

there appears to be too many unanswered questions to this story, we need more

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How long until the parents get a book deal out of this? Will the mail be reporting every possible sighting of the child or are they not a middle class family?

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Yes. Let's hope the policeman they are talking to is not a Portuguese policeman, or they'll never find their child at all.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Did the boss inform the parents, or is he now playing along and the kid is in fact still missing..? Perhaps we should tell someone? I now feel I have a responsibility to help.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I think the fireman might have been fiddling with the kid and the police were there because of that initially. Then the kid saw the funny side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here