Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black's Share Tip

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
OK, usual statements, the value of shares can go up as well as down and I don't recommend you buy I'm merely stating what I'm doing!

Read an article in The Sunday Times on Black's Leisure. Their share price has fallen from £5 to about 11p, reading further it seems the Mike Ashley's Sports Direct (own 21%) are at war with Beirnstein, remember him, and it is stalling the recovery plan.

Sports Direct apparently had a 62p over for the majority shareholding turned down.

COULD be a wise buy?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I know nothing about Stocks and Shares. If a company go into administration, do you lose it all?

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Normally "lose" it all, yes. Sometimes there are agreements for diluted shares in a new shares and capital structure but NEVER good news!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Blacks Shares are always up and down over the years but the Mike Ashley thing is different this time.

I had them at about 30p and they rose to about £4.68 a few years back but it was always a rocky ride.

Don't put your shirt on it, but also if you like a flutter take a look at Seeing Machines (SEE) (about 3p today) I think they were in the Times yesterday and have just sold their face recognition & 3d software stuff to Toshiba. If that catches on it will go wild.

Or even Sound Oil (SOU) at 2.75p

GLA & DYOR and all that stuff

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In a similar vein, take a look at AGY (local company and if the IF they get a European or US licence they'll be flying)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
My youngest Son works for them as a p/t student type job in Glasgow and it is a tough old market out there. Glasgow is their flagship branch (they were originally from Greenock) but buy into the retail market at the moment at you peril.

TNBA

TTF

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My youngest Son works for them as a p/t student type job in Glasgow and it is a tough old market out there. Glasgow is their flagship branch (they were originally from Greenock) but buy into the retail market at the moment at you peril.

TNBA

TTF

Cheers Chap, will be careful but tend to buy what I call disaster or distressed stocks, you get many that fail but the ones that recover tend to make up for them.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
There is no such thing as easy money and betting on Aim stocks is especially dodgy.

Nice when they come in though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here