Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd to join with CMS???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That is such nonsense... why would Gus get him here..and then get rid. Hes had a slow start ... hes now learning how to play proper football...it takes time . People here really do need to get a reality check . Good grief !

You don't put the sort of effort and research into signing a player that Gus and his team do to then offload him straight away. Maybe the old Brighton, but not now. How anyone can make any judgement on a player who's only appeared in a couple of friendlies is beyond me. Especially one who is as highly-rated as Buckley.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
You don't put the sort of effort and research into signing a player that Gus and his team do to then offload him straight away. Maybe the old Brighton, but not now. How anyone can make any judgement on a player who's only appeared in a couple of friendlies is beyond me. Especially one who is as highly-rated as Buckley.

Especially given the (presumably) large influence of Stephenson who will have known him at Watford.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Having seen Will Buckley in pre season, there were glimpses of just why our management team wanted to have him on board. Those games in the UK were however played with a completely different 11 (either after 45 or after 60) so not much chance for anyone to shine.

I think it would be useful to hear comment from anyone fortunate enough to have been in Portugal and seen how he performed there.

He is electrifyingly quick then fires in an accurate cross just when you had thought 'Oh he has lost control' . I think that before long he will be exciting Brighton fans with his speed and extremely powerful shot, a young player with enormous potential !

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Other than Lua Lua and Buckley, which wide midfielders do we have? Smith and Sparrow can do a job either side but are more ACM I thought. Know we can play 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 at times with the widemen being strikers (Barnes did well last year there and Hoskins has played there before) but feel one winger able to play both sides and rotate would be a useful addition.

Think we should be a really attractive option to top EPL teams now for a loan with our style and manager, plus ideal location for players from the London clubs. Should only take the truly exceptional talents but sure Gus could pluck a couple each season if he wants.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Other than Lua Lua and Buckley, which wide midfielders do we have? Smith and Sparrow can do a job either side but are more ACM I thought. Know we can play 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 at times with the widemen being strikers (Barnes did well last year there and Hoskins has played there before) but feel one winger able to play both sides and rotate would be a useful addition.

Think we should be a really attractive option to top EPL teams now for a loan with our style and manager, plus ideal location for players from the London clubs. Should only take the truly exceptional talents but sure Gus could pluck a couple each season if he wants.

Nooney?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Having seen Will Buckley in pre season, there were glimpses of just why our management team wanted to have him on board. Those games in the UK were however played with a completely different 11 (either after 45 or after 60) so not much chance for anyone to shine.

I think it would be useful to hear comment from anyone fortunate enough to have been in Portugal and seen how he performed there.

He is electrifyingly quick then fires in an accurate cross just when you had thought 'Oh he has lost control' . I think that before long he will be exciting Brighton fans with his speed and extremely powerful shot, a young player with enormous potential !

I was in portigal and saw buckley. Thought he looked useful when he came on to be honest. Had a couple of nice sprints up the wing, a few nice touches, and even almost scored agains olhanense. Think maybe he needed a little more time to adapt to the way we play, but i think he'll come good. Im sure we didnt spend our first million pounds for nothing.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
For me he lacks confidence. On the few occasions I saw him in portugal, whenever he got in a position to really run at a full back he just passed the ball instead of taking the defender on. I'm sure Gus and a full Amex crowd will fill him with confidence though. Certainly got potential.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I said ages ago if Brighton are gonna get any Spurs players, it'd be either Livermore or Townsend. Both are definitely capable Championship players as of now.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Townsend would be a decent addition, knows Stephenson from Watford so we'll see.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
In other news, Keith Treacy is signing for Burnley so Townsend might end up not going there.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Where's it say this? I'll be very surprised if he doesn't go out on loan, he's only 20 and he's not gonna be playing reguarly this season.

Some of my tottenham mates told me Redknapp categorically said he would be used for cup matches all season and pushing for a place on the bench

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
George Boyd is a huge Palace fan. Of course it's naive to think he'd never join Brighton but if there are other offers on the table at established Championship clubs I doubt he'd join you.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Why would we now need Boyd? We've got 4 wide midfielders, all capable of doing the proverbial 'job': Noone, Lua Lua, Buckley and Jamie Smith.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why would we now need Boyd? We've got 4 wide midfielders, all capable of doing the proverbial 'job': Noone, Lua Lua, Buckley and Jamie Smith.

True enough but Boyd is an exceptionable player. Frankly I don't understand why Peterborough are allowing players like Boyd to leave, it's not as though they're replacing them with players as good. Can see them struggling again. Mind you I agree I think we need to tighten at the back and definately we do need a better 'keeper, poor old Brez just isn't good enough at this level.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Boyd would be a fantastic signing, but agree with many posters that the priority has to be a central defender...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Boyd would be a fantastic signing, but agree with many posters that the priority has to be a central defender...

After seeing Dunk against Spurs, I see a defender as a "nice-to-have" signing now. Dunk was imperious with Greer. The goals were errors from the flanks, not the centre-backs.

Boyd would be astounding... Buckley will come good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here