Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stadium, a point of view from a disabled guy.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have read on here a number of complaints from disabled people, mostly about parking which is totally understandable. The club definitely need to rethink that issue. Please understand that this is my point of view and does not represent all disabled supporters.

I arrived in plenty of time yesterday, and could feel the great atmosphere in the air. I got to the West turnstiles and my Son scanned my smart card, and a very nice lady steward opened the gates for me to go through on my mobility scooter. The concourse was easily big enough, there was quite a crowd in there but I still found it very easy to move about. Once I got to my seat in the South West corner, I was amazed by the view and the space around us. Right behind us is a disabled toilet and a kiosk, both easily accessible. I am one very happy disabled season ticket holder. I would like to give the club a lot of credit after reading some of the moans on here. Well done Albion, I couldn't be happier.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't speak for all the facilities having never experienced them from the perspective of a disabled supporter, but I did wander around the area wheelchair users are allocated recently and I thought the view was brilliant. I know some people were worried that they'd been marginalised by having the corners, but honestly it looked like a really good position to me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great to hear Steve. Fantastic. Falmer is indeed for ALL :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great post, good to hear. And Edna I agree having also views from the South West corner it is a great view. Will be even better once corners are filled in and the area feels less remote from the other fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here