Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those mini Harvey's bars

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well done to Harveys/Azure on this - a brilliant solution to the problem. Even at the bar they had prepoured a whole barrel of Harveys at 1.45 and were selling it like hot cakes so those queues were quicker too.

I thought it would improve but i'm surprised as to how quickly it did. It's good to see it was selling out because that means the demand is there. Will be great when the dark star arrives too.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The complete absence of a queue was reason enough not to be bothered about getting the discount for using a smartcard. As was the fact that you get your half-time beer in time to drink it before the second half starts.

First saw it in Dick's Bar - they were queueing about 5 deep at the main bar and the girl behind the mini-bar had nobody to serve - so I just wandered over and ordered another round and she accepted my card. Couldn't have been easier for those of us who just wanted the bitter. If Dark Star don't have something similar I can see them losing out big time (even though it would be my beer of choice I'd go to the place where the wait was the least).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Could have done with some in the North Stand concourse after the game.

They were there before the game but I guess they may have run out due to the large queues at the kiosks. I had the last Harvey's from the right hand Kiosk just after 2pm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They were there before the game but I guess they may have run out due to the large queues at the kiosks. I had the last Harvey's from the right hand Kiosk just after 2pm

By the time we'd concourse hopped to the North, around 5:45-6:00ish the bar in the NorthWest corner had Harvey's and no queues.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
By the time we'd concourse hopped to the North, around 5:45-6:00ish the bar in the NorthWest corner had Harvey's and no queues.

They really need to make sure their stock is in the right place then, it'll come with experience I hope

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Brilliant, could have done with a few of them at The WACA during The Ashes - too much time wasted queuing for weak piss mayte

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here