Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Caskey

Just seen Poyet on SSN saying that Caskey should be the future of Brighton but the new 5 sub rule means he will play no part next season.

He goes on to say that we, as in England, always blame too many foreigners but should look at the way the FA run the game.

Wise words i feel.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Indeed. Will be a shame to see Jake miss out on the opportunity of working his way into the team by not being able to be the 6th or 7th sub

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm hoping Jake gets his chance in the cup games because going by Poyet's comments he's not going to get a sniff at a league game unfortunately.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agree with most of what GP does- but did not agree with the Argus(maybe GP was miss quoted) headline-why not youngsters miss out? Then add the likes of etc etc.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Perhaps he should go out on loan to get some games under his belt, rather than a few with the developement squad.

Gus isn't keen as not many play like us

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gus isn't keen as not many play like us

But some just need games or time away just to give them a bit of belief,tough love,experience.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
What Gus says now in uproar and wishing for a law to be changed isn't necessarily how it will be when it comes to selection during the season. If a player is good enough, then he'll at least be on the bench, and i think the Jakester should still be that. We have Vincelot who can play in about 4 positions, so him there, the slippery-handed Brez, a striker, Jake and Noone/Buckley/Lualua.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The comments were clearly born out of frustration of the new rule, I doubt Gus would completely rule out any players' chances at the start of the season as it isn't great for their confidence. I'd say that the comments are either:

1) an exaggeration to prove a point to the FA

2) partially aimed at Jake to motivate him to prove himself

3) admission that we may be looking to send him out on loan

Or any combination of the three. I'd be surprised if Gus hasn't had a conversation with Jake in relation to these comments in private and what he really intends to do, as otherwise they could be extremely demoralising and give him reason to move to a bigger club.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What Gus says now in uproar and wishing for a law to be changed isn't necessarily how it will be when it comes to selection during the season. If a player is good enough, then he'll at least be on the bench, and i think the Jakester should still be that. We have Vincelot who can play in about 4 positions, so him there, the slippery-handed Brez, a striker, Jake and Noone/Buckley/Lualua.

I don't even think we need Brezovan on the bench. If anything happens to Casper we may as well just take our chances for all the use Brez is.

N.B. This is a tongue in cheek massive over-reaction

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Problem is, Jake will be fighting for that last place with three of Dicker/Navarro/Sparrow/Smith at least. It won't be easy for him.

The comments were clearly born out of frustration of the new rule, I doubt Gus would completely rule out any players' chances at the start of the season as it isn't great for their confidence. I'd say that the comments are either:

1) an exaggeration to prove a point to the FA

2) partially aimed at Jake to motivate him to prove himself

3) admission that we may be looking to send him out on loan

Or any combination of the three. I'd be surprised if Gus hasn't had a conversation with Jake in relation to these comments in private and what he really intends to do, as otherwise they could be extremely demoralising and give him reason to move to a bigger club.

Agreed, when i said wise words in the original post it was about looking at how the FA run the game.

People have lost so much interest in the National side that we need to be building for the future, young English talent is hard enough to come by and it needs to be nurtured when found.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here