Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The good bits:

Seat brilliant
View brilliant
Other supporters excellent - seemed a good proportion of genuine fans.
Paul Rogers - excellent
Parking arrival - excellent

Bad bits:
Trying to get a programme. I've f***ing paid for it so give it to me when I swipe my card rather than expect me to find some lady with a sash who then attempted to fleece me for raffle ticket money.
Where can I get a cup of tea from for my old man.
Generally stuck up staff (dodge and his team excluded)
No handrails on end of aisles, hard work for my dad.
Leaving car park - hard work, why not open the exit for 20 minutes?

Overall - still worth the money but kits they can improve on I think.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
The good bits:

Seat brilliant
View brilliant
Other supporters excellent - seemed a good proportion of genuine fans.
Paul Rogers - excellent
Parking arrival - excellent

Bad bits:
Trying to get a programme. I've f***ing paid for it so give it to me when I swipe my card rather than expect me to find some lady with a sash who then attempted to fleece me for raffle ticket money.
Where can I get a cup of tea from for my old man.
Generally stuck up staff (dodge and his team excluded)
No handrails on end of aisles, hard work for my dad.
Leaving car park - hard work, why not open the exit for 20 minutes?

Overall - still worth the money but kits they can improve on I think.

Think it was only a one off kit today so if you don't like it don't worry it'll change next game :lolol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Paul Rogers - I asked a genuine question, just a stunted answer then turned his back on me. Prick

Programmes - I snaffled six from the young lady, three on the way out!! Going overseas to friends/relatives

Bar Tender - Called me 'mate', supervisor heard him and bollocked him :D

Staff in general - Very helpful :)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Great seats, people were mostly proper BHA fans.

Nice ambience in the lounge.

Drinks over priced, £5 for a cider, £1.8 for water and £2.30 for a pepsi.

Hot drink organisation poor at half time causing us to miss first 5 minutes of second half.

Were there any snacks behind the bar? Could have done with a few nibbles.

Apparently food was being served cold!

Room for improvement but when it's bedded down should be perfect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Food was good, staff very pleasant and helpful just lacking in experience, understandably. Seats fantastic. My only gripe was the lounge announcer, I don't need to be geed up by a shouting man 6 or 7 times during the afternoon. I think he is gonna annoy me during the season.

The lounge announcer needs to tell us that the teams are coming out for the 2nd half not that the game has kicked off again, we might then get back to our seats in time!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Icy Gull;4264446 The lounge announcer needs to tell us that the teams are coming out for the 2nd half not that the game has kicked off again said:
Agreed. Overall, an excellent experience but that was irritating - I hate missing the start of the second half. I was surprised how isolated from events on the pitch the room felt ... you can't really hear anything from inside the 'bowl'. May not be possible but if a couple of TVs could take a feed from the stadium as players warm up etc it would be easier not to miss things.

Mixed feelings about the host - obviously you need one for things like Man of the Match after (would be good if he could ask the player a couple of quick questions about the game too?) but his announcements at half-time obliterated conversation. Just a notch down on the volume maybe.

Otherwise all teething troubles. And Paul Rodgers certainly isn't a prick - he's a top bloke who was absolutely rushed off his feet all day. I'm sure he didn't mean any offence.

The only real criticism I'd have is for the outside caterers who've clearly given their bar staff very little or no training at all. They need to do some pre-pouring too for half-time. Not much point buying a pint if you only have 30" left to drink it. They were all very friendly though and are bound to improve - felt sorry for them being dumped in at the deep end.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ag least this thread explains why so many people in the middle 1901tier were very late back to their seats after half time.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Good overall. Didn't like being told I had to wear a label around my neck. I think they could take half time orders before the match so your drinks are there waiting for you.

D

Deleted User X18H

Good overall. Didn't like being told I had to wear a label around my neck. I think they could take half time orders before the match so your drinks are there waiting for you.

I loved my lanyard in fact I wore it to bed last night (just that) Yes we asked to pre order half time drinks, but Lee who said he was in charge said he didn't think he was allowed to do that.
The bar staff tried but the service was slow , hesitant and at times non existant. But hey it was a ramp up so it's all new to everyone. Calling Paul Rogers a prick is almost as disgraceful as the Paul Samrah comment.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Calling Paul Rogers a prick is almost as disgraceful as the Paul Samrah comment.

Everybody who knows me will confirm that I am quite a placid guy. For me to call somebody a prick, means at that moment in time he was a prick. Maybe it was because I wasn't wearing a suit and tie that he chose to brush me off. :shrug: Still I guess he was under pressure and maybe out of his depth. It's not always a good idea, this job for the lads culture.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
All in all a good day....half time bar service very slow resulting in getting back 5 mins late for kick off. Bought a raffle ticket but no one had any idea what the winning ticket number when asked! Surrounded by a mixed crowd.... some proper fans, some appeared to be surprised they were at a footie match!

D

Deleted User X18H

Everybody who knows me will confirm that I am quite a placid guy. For me to call somebody a prick, means at that moment in time he was a prick. Maybe it was because I wasn't wearing a suit and tie that he chose to brush me off. :shrug: Still I guess he was under pressure and maybe out of his depth. It's not always a good idea, this job for the lads culture.

But it was obvious Dodge was up against it . Though he tried to present a calm exterior. People were trying to ask him some bloody stupid questions. Even when he took his bow on the pitch he was taking a call about what herd the steak in the meat pies was from. So far he has been excellent as commercial manager , excellent . Your 'jobs for the lads' comment confirms you are still sore because Paul couldn't or wouldn't give you his full attention on one of the biggest days in the clubs history. As my good friend TLO might say 'Diddums'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
some appeared to be surprised they were at a footie match!

Why? How? Were they blind folded, bundled in a car and driven to the match only to have the blind fold removed once inside the ground?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would echo original post regarding seats, views and people around us. We're in the Becks Peugeot lounge, staff very good under a fair deal of pressure. Need to sort out half-time much better, lots of queue's, had to top-up coffee - I hate getting back to my seat late.

As it was the first game treated ourselves to food. The quality was ok, broccolli overcooked but that's a buffet for you. However at £35 per head for the matchday package, the quantity and selection of food was poor and despite the half-time pie (excellent), for me it is badly overpriced (probably should be £25 max).

Of course everything will improve and we'll try again in a few months. Will definitely get a pie every game though!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Your 'jobs for the lads' comment confirms you are still sore because Paul couldn't or wouldn't give you his full attention on one of the biggest days in the clubs history. As my good friend TLO might say 'Diddums'

You might be stuck up his arse HB&B but I am not. I didn't want his full attention, just a courteous reply, which would have taken at most 15 seconds more.

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
My only gripe was the lounge announcer, I don't need to be geed up by a shouting man 6 or 7 times during the afternoon. I think he is gonna annoy me during the season.

The lounge announcer needs to tell us that the teams are coming out for the 2nd half not that the game has kicked off again, we might then get back to our seats in time!

Was that Guy Lloyd, the guy from Juice? I know he has a job in 'corporate hosting' A Spurs fan don't you know.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
My day in 1901
Parked easily ( but we were v early ) asked if there was anything to eat ( didn't want main meal ) told "no nothing "
That later turned out not to be true - we could
Have had a pie ( not my fav- a choice would have been nice ) eat before I leave in future. Asked several people about programs - no one seemed to know but they turned up eventually !
Great seat - great view - sadly got the impression people near me had never been to football before let alone know any of the players ( sad for me that ) didn't try to get anything at half time ( bar heaving ) . Waited around for half an hour or so ( had a drink ) . Bit bad getting out the car park ( but don't see how that can be improved ) all in all a good way ( at our age ) to watch my beloved Seagulls !!!! ( sorry for any errors - iPhone imput !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here