Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who else had a tear in their eye today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lots of blubbing threads tonight!! Hard not to be moved when the players came out I think and also when DK and Bloom came on.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Heared an amusing story (oh no, not another!) from one of my lads last night who was out drinking in the same pub as Wardy and a few other from the Albion legends.

Anyway, a couple of yorkshire blokes, seeing some of the lads in their shirts, came up to chat. These guys were Rotherham fans and they started telling the yougsters how Albion had a really great young player called Peter Ward, but he was obviously before their tim. They my lad and his mates said "Yeah, we know. he's over there" I think they had to repeat it a few times as these yorkies were totally gobsmacked! not sure wether they believed or not.

Anyway, back to the thread, seeing Wardy come onto the pitch did it for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Realizing that we had finally arrived and hearing the football Hymn Abide With Me got to me and I said to my son and grandson I hope I live to hear it sung again as the next time would probably be at the cup final at Wembley again. Very emotional time yesterday after such a long wait.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I had a tear in my eye when we reached the Europa League Final. Great scenes!

I was at the home 1/4 final second leg. 4-1 down on agg after two mins, to come back to win 5-4, with Dempsey's deft chip at the end bringing the house down!! Stunning!!

Back on topic, I will be taking a beach towel to mop up my tears this coming Saturday! No doubt about it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here