Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Amusing Tale from the Amex Today

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So what exactly is the dress code for the 1901? is it just no football shirts and no trainers or is there more to it than that?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Clipped, I know next to nothing about the AMEX layout. My dad has been scraping up every photo he can find, every detail, everything. But I just want to turn up on the day and be totally awe struck. I knew we had a club shop there, but had no idea if the shirts had sold out or if it was only programs or something like that there, sounds clueless I know, but I am! hahaha

:)

Fair enough! I would imagine the club shop will be well stocked. Maybe order online and ask for pick up at club shop next Saturday?

D

Deleted User X18H

Here's a amusing tale ... or, at least, it amused me.

After getting into Dick's Bar, post match, and enjoying a pint of Harveys, I decided to wander off into the West Stand lower concourse to see what was going on there. Inevitably, I got into conversation with NSC's favourite media whore, Mendoza, who was entertaining a couple of visitors from America. The visitors were attracting a bit of interest from other people in the concourse, including someone who called out to them ... "Hey, Wardy!"

At this point I must have looked across and smiled, or something.

Anyway, half an hour later, I was back in Dick's Bar. Someone, who I can only assume had seen me earlier in the company of Mendoza's visitors and who obviously doesn't know what Peter Ward looks like, comes up to me and says ... "Hello, Mr Ward".

Mistaken identity, obviously. I was speechless. But who else on NSC has ever been mistaken for Peter Ward? Or any other Albion legend, for that matter?

Yes I was mistaken for Eric Young once and then two days later for Liberace

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You lot think YOU got problems? Friend of mine went to the Goldstone board unveiling ceremony yesterday and loaded the photos into Facebook - which promptly tagged all the photos of Attila as THPP! :ohmy:

D

Deleted User X18H

You lot think YOU got problems? Friend of mine went to the Goldstone board unveiling ceremony yesterday and loaded the photos into Facebook - which promptly tagged all the photos of Attila as THPP! :ohmy:

Get a beret and you're on tour on northern Germany by Tuesday. There was an old man from Derby..........etc etc

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Here's a amusing tale ... or, at least, it amused me.

After getting into Dick's Bar, post match, and enjoying a pint of Harveys, I decided to wander off into the West Stand lower concourse to see what was going on there. Inevitably, I got into conversation with NSC's favourite media whore, Mendoza, who was entertaining a couple of visitors from America. The visitors were attracting a bit of interest from other people in the concourse, including someone who called out to them ... "Hey, Wardy!"

At this point I must have looked across and smiled, or something.

Anyway, half an hour later, I was back in Dick's Bar. Someone, who I can only assume had seen me earlier in the company of Mendoza's visitors and who obviously doesn't know what Peter Ward looks like, comes up to me and says ... "Hello, Mr Ward".

Mistaken identity, obviously. I was speechless. But who else on NSC has ever been mistaken for Peter Ward? Or any other Albion legend, for that matter?

Did you tell said bloke you were not Mr Ward or did you milk it? Please tell me you carried it on!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
So what exactly is the dress code for the 1901? is it just no football shirts and no trainers or is there more to it than that?

I was told when I bought my tickets for the 1901 that the rules were no replica shirts, no ripped jeans and no shorts. This seems to have expanded to "no trainers" and "shirts must have collars" as well - odd because it's not Studio 54 or anything but there ya go !
I think that the rules are mainly for the lounges but not for the seats themselves - I saw one fan wearing a replica shirt (although he was only about 14). Most people were wearing just an ordinary shirt and jeans - nothing special although I did see a few in suits.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Id feel like a right pratt going to watch a football match suited and booted.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
My slightly amusing moment from yesterday - My old man and I stayed behind for a pint after the game and thought we would allow the crowds to die down a bit. Finished our drinks, found the exit stairs from the wsu, made our way down them, opened the doors at the bottom only to find ourselves surrounded by loads of people with cameras and lots of police and the Tottenham player coach in front of us. Twas a bit surreal being ushered away by a few officers.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was told when I bought my tickets for the 1901 that the rules were no replica shirts, no ripped jeans and no shorts. This seems to have expanded to "no trainers" and "shirts must have collars" as well - odd because it's not Studio 54 or anything but there ya go !
I think that the rules are mainly for the lounges but not for the seats themselves - I saw one fan wearing a replica shirt (although he was only about 14). Most people were wearing just an ordinary shirt and jeans - nothing special although I did see a few in suits.

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here