Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

big screens

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Saving my first trip for next week, I can't believe we've got the biggest/best screens in the country and the worst software package. I'm assuming there are qualified people operating the screen not just a couple of stewards fiddling with a remote control!
I am hoping for greatest moments highlights before the game, first half highlights at halftime, the full team line ups displayed throughout the game and immediate replays!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The issue with the big screens was not those operating it, but a flushing issue. Bizarrely what was being seen in the gallery, was not being displayed on the screens in the stadium. So when the screen in the control room said, "MOTM Gordon Greer", it came up with one of the test screens from the day before which said "Tottenham Midfielder Younis Kaboul". Similarly (which I saw with my own eyes) the end of match graphic was correct, but the Peterborough/Some text test was on the screens in the stadium. The company who installed them will be back on site this week to work on a solution.

It is a hardware/software/installation issue, as opposed to those using them.

As for the replays, there is a server saving the five different camera feeds from around the Amex - but it needs some fine tuning. The company who installed that were on site, and saw the issue first hand, and were able to get it working properly for the Kazenga goal. Again they will be in this week to resolve the issue.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The issue with the big screens was not those operating it, but a flushing issue. Bizarrely what was being seen in the gallery, was not being displayed on the screens in the stadium. So when the screen in the control room said, "MOTM Gordon Greer", it came up with one of the test screens from the day before which said "Tottenham Midfielder Younis Kaboul". Similarly (which I saw with my own eyes) the end of match graphic was correct, but the Peterborough/Some text test was on the screens in the stadium. The company who installed them will be back on site this week to work on a solution.

It is a hardware/software/installation issue, as opposed to those using them.

Well that should be the end of this thread then. But I bet it's not :lolol:

Hope it goes well next week.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Let's hope the company sort it out. On a positive note, I think the design of the graphics in general and the animated Amex logos, goal and substitution sequences all look really good. So when the teething troubles are sorted the output will be great.

Will live action be shown on the screens? I noticed what looked like live pictures just visible down the far right edge of the screen. As if the feed was there but the White background Amex stadium logo and scoreboard was in front of it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Incidentally, maybe the big screens won't even show replays of opposition goals so possibly we only missed out on one yesterday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The screens are amazing quality - very impressed.

P1060339.jpg

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Might be a daft question, but will the screens be showing the whole game during play? because in the South west corner it was quite difficult to see the North stand goal action. They are amazing screens and looked very very clear when the software wasn't playing up.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
from center of east stand the screens were amazing, i am sure in a month or so the screens will be using there full range of facilities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here