Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Home Today?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Drove to the club esparto at12.00 and no one around, but coming away at 1:30 there was a he'll of a queue up the slip road

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Hung around for about 10 or 15 minutes after the match, walked back to car over in the university. As I wanted to go west I tried to turn out of car park to exit via the new link road that you come in on but was told by the steward that that wasn't allowed so had to wait in a fairly long queue, which was only moving slowly because everyone else that wanted to go west was taking ages to cross over the bridge and get around the roundabout, due to the traffic leaving the stadium. Eventually decided to go east as there was no queue and turned around at the Kingston roundabout. I've no idea why you can't use the new link road to exit, this would surely help the traffic from the stadium too and nobody stopped me going this way at the SSC match. Even with the queuing though, it was still not too bad a wait and was back in Cheshire before 9.00pm.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sitting reading this thread as an interested observer and cannot express how delighted I am for the club that travel arrangements went so well despite all the predictions of doom and gloom. Of course there will always be some problems and evening games are probably going to be a tad more chaotic both getting to and getting away from the stadium but it really does look like all the plans have a chance at least of working well and we may indeed be looking forward to an 8K hike in capacity next season. Promising beginnings!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Transport was great, well done to all concerned. 13 mins from Newhaven to Falmer on train and R bus to Rottingdean quick and easy afterwards.

Will be doing bus R next week as it will be my first match. Coming from Peacehaven. Decided I was going to do the train from Newhaven, but bus R seems a bit easier to me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I rode my bike as I will always be doing on a Saturday regardless of the weather. So much quicker than Withdean. I was at work by ten past five which is about ten minutes faster than Withdean.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What information will they use then? They didn't take a car reg when we booked. Will they be asking to see season tickets and checking against a list of names?

Dunno exactly what but they knew they would have a problem with duplicates and would have to have some method of checking.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Must admit I was questioning the trains in particular following some real doom mongering on here but seems it worked well. Well done the club and southern rail.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was told by someone at the club last night that they will be checking cars passes against member lists from the next matches - today was a test day and they werent that strict as ground was not going to be completely full.

How will they do this? The parking vouchers have no numbers or any means of linking the voucher to the recipient.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Left at full time from the back of WSU central.
Got to the train station with an average queue.
Got on the 20 something past, so waited 30 or so minutes.
Plenty of room on the train.
Swapped trains at Brighton.
Back in Southwick just after 6.

All in all, not too bad.

I've got two minor concerns regarding getting the train from Falmer.

1 - After a lot of people had been waiting for quite some time, there was a small surge trying to get through the small opening leading to the platform. It's also slightly downhill. I was fine, but I can imagine it being quite scary for a little kid. Infact the bloke next to us had two small sons with him, and he held them pretty close to him. One clearly quite concerned.

2 - Quite a few people just strolled down the dirt path to the left of where everyone was quieuing. Mostly groups of YOOFS who don't get give two shits about anyone else, or the people moaning at them. Was also a couple of father & sons, with the dad playing the "my sons too small and tired" card.

To solve number 2, all that is needed is one or two of the 10-15 or so stewards all standing together at the top of the ramp not doing anything to come down and stand blocking the dirt path.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Must admit I was questioning the trains in particular following some real doom mongering on here but seems it worked well. Well done the club and southern rail.

Same as that. I went in Dicks bar for an hour afterwards so wasn't in the main crowd but had a look out the window a few times and the crowd cleared pretty quickly.

The way people were banging on about it I wondered if the queues would last for hours, but it was nothing like that at all I got straight on a train at about 18:15. It could easily cope with more people than it did. The real test will come when millwall, west ham, saints and the scum are in town.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was also a couple of father & sons, with the dad playing the "my sons too small and tired" card.
That's pretty poor.
Being the father of 2 small tired and grizzling kids, come 4:45 on Saturday.
I apologise to all around us in the queue, because they will have to suck it up and wait like everyone else.

I wonder Sam, if group 1, are just an older version of the group 2 children.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Back in Crowborough at 6.30 and that included the 28 bus braking down in Lewes. Would definitley bus it again only fiver return too, which isn't too bad really.

Was it easy/straightforward using the bus to and from Lewes ? I'm thinking of parking near the prison and catching bus for the Gills game. Ta

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Parked in Freshfield Road, caught the 23 bus to the stadium.....did the reverse on the way back....no problems at all, got back to the car at 5-30 ish.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Just got in. Was pretty quick considering i walked home back to london.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
took a wee while to get train back to brighton,but thats prob just teething problems.a few people were moan moan moan about how they had to get to work at 5.30,and abysmal service etc.twats go and support spurs if you wanna moan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here