Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cruise cast as Jack Reacher!?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This really interests me. I need to distance it from the books and try and enjoy it as a stand alone film about someone who happens to have the same name as the main character.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
If the author has said its ok then it ok. Besides the cruiser is arguable the no1 action hero in the world at the moment.

I have read that apparently in 2000 he said when asked who he would like to play Reacher "Definitely not Tom Cruise," "He's too short." and he liked the Idea of Russell Crowe playing the part back then.

The money Lee Child received for the film is the reason why he now finds it ok in my opinion.

Has anybody bought a film edition of the book? Does it still have Jack Reacher's CV at the start of the book? Is he still 6 foot 5, 220-250lbs with a 50 inch chest?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I reckon the only way Reacher got to film is with Cruise's backing.

While I'd have much preferred Gerrard Butler or Vigo, at this point I'd rather have the film with Cruise rather than no film at all.

I reserve the right to take that back once I've seen it tho.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Never read the books, but really enjoyed the film. Cruise made the character believable, IMO.

Wow! I'm glad someone enjoyed it. Personally, I thought it was very poor, the female lead was unconvincing and a lot of the dialogue was cringe-worthy. I've see four films in the last couple of weeks and this was the only stinker, the others were The Hobbit, Life Of Pi and Pitch Perfect - all worth seeing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This really interests me. I need to distance it from the books and try and enjoy it as a stand alone film about someone who happens to have the same name as the main character.
Same as James Nesbitt in The Hobbitt. He isn't really elf-size, but seems to be in the film.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
Same as James Nesbitt in The Hobbitt. He isn't really elf-size, but seems to be in the film.
Err, James Nesbitt plays a dwarf.
Thanks Green Cross. I saw the film, but it was too long to remember all the fine detail!

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
Should have been this man....

Lost_Sawyer_2.jpg

No this man:reacher.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought the strangest comment I would read on nsc this week was somebody saying Kuszczak was a weak link in the team. I think that maybe this view is even more controversial.:smile:

If you're quoting me on Kuszczak you are wildly misquoting me. If not, nothing controversial at all in backing Matt Damon as Bourne. Or Cruise as Reacher, good actor and a good film. He played the part well. Films are never the same as a book.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Amazon has green-lit the series.

The show will air on Prime Video, with a premiere date yet to be determined. The first series will be based on the inaugural Reacher novel, The Killing Floor.

The books were the basis for two movies starring Tom Cruise as the title character, 2012’s Jack Reacher and 2016’s Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Lee Child now admits Tom Cruise is too short to play Reacher and is looking for a new actor. Who should it be?Plans to make a show for netflix or another streaming channel.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46207601

Reacher is portrayed as a 6ft4 230 lb lump in the books ....squeaky Tom is neither....i don't mind Cruise as an actor but his casting here is pants....has he "bought" the role do you think...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here