Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad Numbers 2011/12 [Speculation]

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I dont think it means anything as preseason always has nos 1-11 for playing then subs 12-whatever its always the way of how preason goes

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But not at Watford, mr Taylor. I hope the delay in announcing squad numbers is more to do with expecting more signings to assign numbers to than anything else.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
But not at Watford, mr Taylor. I hope the delay in announcing squad numbers is more to do with expecting more signings to assign numbers to than anything else.

Probably asked for the number rather than be assigned it, initially I thought he'd be our new number 7 but unfortunately not. He did wear 11 last season at Watford but that's been re-allocated to Noone (although Bergkamp has worn it on a few occasions). No delay really, only about 50% of clubs have officially announced anything.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
I think this is it
1. Ankergren
3. Greer
4. Elphick
5. Dunk
6. El-Abd
7. Hoskins
8. Navarro
9. Barnes
10. Sparrow
11. Noone
12. CMS
13. Walker?
14. Calderon
15. Bergkamp
18. Dicker
19. Poke
20. Vincelot
22. Painter
23. Agdestein
24. Smith
25. Lua Lua
26. Bridcutt
27. Tarrico
28. Caskey
29. Kasim
30. Buckley
31. Brezovan
32. Cook
34. Hall

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Was Brezovan wearing #31 when he came on then? Mitch Walker was released wasn't he? Why leave number 2 vacant, are we signing a right back?

Questions, questions.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Was Brezovan wearing #31 when he came on then? Mitch Walker was released wasn't he? Why leave number 2 vacant, are we signing a right back?

Questions, questions.

Walker was told he could find a new club if he wanted, but he came on to replace Daniel East when the Development Squad played Winchester according to the write-up on their website so he may still be with us.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Whey, good. Mitch Walker is a very decent young goalkeeper from what (little) I've seen of him. I think he's unlucky with his timing, had he broken through a couple of years ago I think he would have made it into the team. As it is, we don't really have the opportunity to blood younger players. I don't see why we don't put faith in his potential, give him a year long contract but send him out on loan to get experience somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here