Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lara runs on Sunday 24th July

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Still listed on the advance card as Starcroft BTW.
I reckon Mark forgot to send the forms in....!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It does seem to be taking rather a long time, I'm sure Benny's name was changed MUCH quicker than this?...

I am at work Sunday so will watch Lara on SiS and cheer her home!

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Still doesn't show as owned by NorthstandDogs yet either

No your all correct it doesn't, but it's running in our name as it has been for the past 3 weeks, just obvioulsy it's taking a little time to do the paperwork, another dog owned by the same guy was sold before Lara was and that is still running in the old owners name, as Nigel will confirm we already have had a monthly bill for Lara.
We will just have to be patient.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Unfortunately on a golf day on Sunday but will have a little flutter. A text result would be much appreciated!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Mark what is the latest regarding Lara. Was kinda hoping they might have found a 695 race to run in or even a simular distance at another track? I understand why she was put back to 515 following her 695 debut, but was under the impression that she would go back to 6 bends after that?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Mark what is the latest regarding Lara. Was kinda hoping they might have found a 695 race to run in or even a simular distance at another track? I understand why she was put back to 515 following her 695 debut, but was under the impression that she would go back to 6 bends after that?

Yes John that is the plan but it's hard finding the races at other tracks over that distance as it has to be an open race, there is an open race at Hove next Sunday for maidens over 695m, I will talk to Brian tomorrow to see if she will be entered (i'm sure she will) even if she is there is No gaurentee she will get in if it is over subscribed, the reason she is running over 515 is if she doesn't run for 2 weeks she has to trial and also we need to keep her fit and we need to get her trapping better and although she will be running over 900m eventually, she needs to improve her early running, so she is not to far behind when she decides to hit the pedal, I know it's frustrating not having the distance she needs, but I think the important thing with her is we make sure we do things at the right pace and we don't go to quick with her and blow her brains out.
Also in the future if she does get to open class over the extra trip she wont get that many races, so we will still need to keep her ticking over in 515, also that helps pay the bill.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
........ as Nigel will confirm we already have had a monthly bill for Lara....

Yep, we've had [and paid] a training bill for Lara,
We just haven't got the name change, the owner change, nor the extra four owner's passes

Hope to make it up there tomorrow to see her first win since she joined us.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Yes John that is the plan but it's hard finding the races at other tracks over that distance as it has to be an open race, there is an open race at Hove next Sunday for maidens over 695m, I will talk to Brian tomorrow to see if she will be entered (i'm sure she will) even if she is there is No gaurentee she will get in if it is over subscribed, the reason she is running over 515 is if she doesn't run for 2 weeks she has to trial and also we need to keep her fit and we need to get her trapping better and although she will be running over 900m eventually, she needs to improve her early running, so she is not to far behind when she decides to hit the pedal, I know it's frustrating not having the distance she needs, but I think the important thing with her is we make sure we do things at the right pace and we don't go to quick with her and blow her brains out.
Also in the future if she does get to open class over the extra trip she wont get that many races, so we will still need to keep her ticking over in 515, also that helps pay the bill.

Cheers Mark, all understandable and if running at 515 helps her improve the early part of her race than it can only be a good thing. Just frustrating when you know the girl wants further!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here