Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA FC v DR FC 26th April 1997 pt2

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Hi all,

The second part of my last game at the Goldstone Ground has now been loaded up onto you tube. Hopefully these links will work okay, I'm new to uploading vids. If you like leave a message.

Part 2 can be found here (fingers crossed) Includes that important goal!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Part 1 can be found here

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Part 3 (the last one) I will start to upload now so should appear later this afternoon.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Jesus - when that goal goes in...talk about goosebumps. I was on the East Terrace that day. Brilliant.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That is brilliant mate,just when you think you've seen all the footage,something like this comes along.VERY emotional day.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Thanks for the kind comments. I love the manic look in my friend Mitch's eyes just after the goal. It always brings back how crucial that goal was, the importance and significance of the occasion and that we were fighting for our very existance as a club.

Part 3 On the pitch, in the dug out and on the east terrace (snappy title?) to come later.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Amazing. Found the goal very emotional - the "we are staying up" and then the tension on the fans' faces straight afterwards as it dawned that we might actually have a chance of staying in the league.

Loved the tackle from Storer at 6:08 in Pt 2 as well. Summed up the attitude of those final few weeks - even though he did lose it himself in the first place, the donkey :smile:

The celebs would look great cut into the standard version of the goal - and then played on the big screen v Spurs. It's got be featured somewhere.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Awesome.. I couldn't get in so climbed onto the roof of the petrol station looking through the NW corner. What a day!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Mental when Storer scored.
Try holding the camera a bit steadier though :lolol:

"Are you Swampy in disguise?" - Class

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Had to watch this from the South West terrace-normally split between the North and the South West...but being the last ever game i wanted to just see and soak it up properly rather than be in amongst it.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Amazing. Found the goal very emotional - the "we are staying up" and then the tension on the fans' faces straight afterwards as it dawned that we might actually have a chance of staying in the league.

Loved the tackle from Storer at 6:08 in Pt 2 as well. Summed up the attitude of those final few weeks - even though he did lose it himself in the first place, the donkey :smile:

The celebs would look great cut into the standard version of the goal - and then played on the big screen v Spurs. It's got be featured somewhere.

trueblue, I'd be more than happy for the club to use my footage, maybe someone a bit more techy than me could do a better transfer and editing job (I still have the Sony handycam it was recorded on).

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Jesus i'm an emotional wreck. Amazingly strong memories of that day have come flooding back. The passion of 'We are Brighton, super Brighton' shortly after the goal is immense.

Some of this should be shown on the big screens before the first league game at the Amex.

Never forget!

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Thank you so much for sharing this video!!!:thumbsup::bowdown:

I was looking at North Stand Chat on my mobile phone the day you posted it and didn't bother to watch it using 3G.

Having found it on YouTube the other day I was shocked at how emotional it made me feel. I have seen the Storer goal so many times on TV but it did not prepare me for the North Stand angle. I had to pay with four unexpected secret tears(two from each eye.).:cry: It was like being in the north stand again and I was 14 years younger.

You really must have been the first bloke in Brighton with a smartphone to have filmed that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here