Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should David Cameron resign?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You sound like a Tory MP! Boo hoo it was all someone elses fault. I am not excusing Blair and Brown I am dealing with the question. We now have a government that are sooooooo out of touch with us citizens its unreal. Also it's not just a bad judgement call Cameron was aligning himself with Murdochm about to let him take over Sky (totally unacceptable monoply) and is good friends with Brookes. This is the tip of the iceberg for Cameron and NI. The tories are and always have been the same, they are making more of a mess of the mess Labour left and selling us normal folk down the river. People who don't realise this need to wake up SOON!
Tories selling us down the river? Better than selling one third of our gold reserves at the lowest possible rate,signing us up to EU bail outs. Blair wanting to join the single currency and give away our rebate,not to mention an unjust war.Could go on ,the list is endless. And before you say it,I'm not a Tory voter,it just that out of the two parties they are the lesser of the two evils.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
In the land of the Ming-Mongs you truly are the king, aren't you?

Are you not aware that Rebekah Wade/Brooks and her husband were in and out of No 10 so often under the previous Labour government that the policeman outside was on first name terms ? ...And Ross Kemp ex-husband was the highest profile celeb campaigner for Labour in the last election? ....and that David Cameron obviously knew nothing about these hacks when he appointed Coulson.

Haven't you got windows that need licking or something?

I was just fishing for debate - plus I love a good ole political ding dong :) lovely to see the terms 'mong' and 'window licker' so lovingly applied. Will the mods tolerate this? Probably.

I was just fishing for debate - plus I love a good ole political ding dong :) lovely to see the terms 'mong' and 'window licker' so lovingly applied. Will the mods tolerate this? Probably.

Actually, he called you a Ming-Mong, not a mong, there's a subtle difference.

images

vs
mc-mong-with-red-bowtie.jpg

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The OP makes it sound like Cameron didn't know anything about the hacking. But no, he shouldn't resign as it'll just given them chance to vote for another scum leader and all of Cameron's failings will be forgotten and separated from the party. I'd rather see him carry on f***ing up the country as the Leader and hopefully the vile party can be voted out as soon as possible so the country can start recovering.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Resign...........No.

Listen to people a bit more about who he hangs out with..............Yes

And I'm another who will never vote Tory.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Why should Cameron resign? This all went on under Labour's watch. He might need to choose his friends more carefully, but none of this is Cameron's doing.

Refering to Rebekah Brooks gentalia as "A knife wound in an oragutans back" is probably the best remark i've ever read on here.

I have had top explain myself to our office, the majority of whom are women, as to why i'm crying.

Top marks sir.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And why can one private organisation not take over another private organisation?

They can, as long as there are no anti-competition elements to the deal.

It isn't a monopoly, there are other TV broadcasters, Terrestrial, Freesat, Cable, Virgin, BT, Freeview.

It's not about a monopoly. It's about plurality, slightly different. Ofcom might also come into the mix as they like broadcasters to satisfy certain criteria (along the lines of a fit and proper test) and there is possibly a case developing against Murdock's empire here.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I know that politicians are meant to be whiter than white and with one thing or another (expenses) they continue to prove that they are not.

DC to resign? No! He employed someone he thought was the right man for the job, just that man had a chequered past. In all walks of life the wrong people have been taken on / signed it's just the employment merry go round.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
If this thing snowballs I expect it could even bring Cameron down. But I suspect it will spread sideways - other papers not owned by the Dirty Digger will be implicated. Exciting stuff though eh?

Get some perspective man! Blair didn't have to resign over going to an illegal war based on a tissue of lies and Brown didn't have to resign while being leader during the worst financial crisis in 70 years so why should Cameron.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why has what Labour did got anything to do with what Cameron should do? How is 'the ones before were just as bad' a defence for 'the one's that came after'? It was the same when Labour were in power, whenever they were in a tight spot, it was referred back to 'look what the Tories were like'.

Ridiculous that so many people on here are happy to condone the action of one party, simply because a previous administration also made errors. That is no defence.

I'm glad to see some sensible arguments being put forward for whether he should resign or not, not simply resorting to using an opposing party as a benchmark. Didn't this coalition start off by saying it's a new kind of Politics? If it is, then it's no good falling back on the old politics as a defence.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why should Cameron resign? This all went on under Labour's watch. He might need to choose his friends more carefully, but none of this is Cameron's doing.

Really? And who exactly did appoint Coulson to be the director of communications for the last election campaign?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Get some perspective man! Blair didn't have to resign over going to an illegal war based on a tissue of lies and Brown didn't have to resign while being leader during the worst financial crisis in 70 years so why should Cameron.

As much as I have little time for either Gordon Brown, not sure how he was responsible for the Lehman Brothers collapse that precipitated the financial crisis.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So you don't think that the Prime Minister, responsible for selecting his cabinet including including departments of defence, foreign policy, the home secretary, needs to be a man (or women) of impeccable judgement, and able to ensure that any persons of his appointment to work within his team are completely free of any controversy etc.? Do you not find it worrying that the very person at the head of this country was able to be in complete trust, and we're talking matters of state security etc., with a person that is potentially responsible for the biggest scandal to hit the British media in decades?

I'm not saying he should resign, but to say he didn't realise what a man whose CV includes editor of The Suns 'Bizarre' section, followed by editor of NOTW was capable of is to say our Prime Minister is at best very naive, which is of grave concern in itself.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As much as I have little time for either Gordon Brown, not sure how he was responsible for the Lehman Brothers collapse that precipitated the financial crisis.

Gordon Brown was clearly responsible for the regulation of the banks and financial services, which he failed to do adequately.

He was also responsible for maintaining the UK economy is such a state that it could ride of 'booms and busts', which he clearly failed to do (including the profligate sale of UK gold reserves).

He was also responsible for the decades of financial grief that PFI will bring.

He was also responsible for the collapse of confidence in private sector pension schemes with his ill-conceived tax raids.

All of these left us in a parlous state to deal with the global banking crisis.

Frankly, I wonder how he can sleep at nights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here