Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Should David Cameron resign?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now the toddler faced prick has admitted the ridiculous judgement call was his and his alone, should he walk?

It won't happen but it's nice to see the Tory tradition of hanging out with scumbags and mega rich lowlives is still going strong.

We're all in this together, just some of us more than others, evidently.

</rant>
    Completely pointless thread IMHO

Tory voters on NSC will say No - he made a mistake but he is only human
    Labour voters on NSC will say Yes, he should resign, he's a **** anyway
    As for LibDem voters on here, are there any left after they were "sold down the river" ?
    Hyypia, Garcia, Poyet, Slade, Adams, Wilkins, McGhee, Coppell, Hinshelwood, Taylor,Adams, Wood, Horton, Gritt, Case, Brady, Lloyd, Mullery, Cattlin, Melia, Bailey, Mullery, Taylor, Clough, Saward, Goodwin, Macauley, Curtis, Lane, Welsh, Cook, Webb, Robson, Scott-Walford, Jackson

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Completely pointless thread IMHO

Tory voters on NSC will say No - he made a mistake but he is only human
    Labour voters on NSC will say Yes, he should resign, he's a **** anyway
    As for LibDem voters on here, are there any left after they were "sold down the river" ?
    No, he shouldn't resign. And I have NEVER voted Tory.

However, he was warned about Coulson, so hindsight has little to do with this. And he's best chums with Brooks.

So make you own call about his judgement.

Well the smug faced rich git multi millionaire Tony Blair didn't feel the need to resign after leading the country into an illegal war based on a pack of lies concocted at his behest, which ultimately led to the direct death of 200+ British soldiers so I guess no maybe Cameron doesn't really need to.

Clearly no
    Hello and thank you

Oscar Garcia -
    The fans' support today was magnificent in the face of a bad result. I am very proud to be the coach of their club.

Une oasis d'horreur dans un désert d'ennui

Quote Originally Posted by sten_super View Post
    The man made a bad judgement call, yes. He hired someone he shouldn't have.

But isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?
    This isn't a question of hindsight though. He was warned quite explicitly before he hired Coulson that he should steer well clear (see Peter Oborne's piece in the Telegraph yesterday) and questions about the wisdom of hiring him were raised frequently in the press before all this broke.

Cameron's judgment is certainly poor but I don't think it's a resigning matter. He should steer clear of Brooks though - one misjudgment can be forgiven, two could be damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon View Post
    However, he was warned about Coulson, so hindsight has little to do with this. And he's best chums with Brooks.
    It's a tricky one for him, no doubt, but clearly not a resignation issue for me.

Coulson, was a dangerous appointment in the first place, he was warned, but the desire to get the red tops on side seemed to be the deciding factor.
    Brooks is a bit different, as I believe they are friends, but that comes largely from the fact they are near neighbours, and clearly have some very obvious cross-overs in their professional lives as well. I would be amazed if they weren't friends.

However, Cameron can't really be accused of being guilty of very much "by association".

The issue for me is yet to come, and that's how "soft" politicians of all parties may have been on the press down the years due to a veiled threat of being the subject of investigations, allegations, and a red top campaign if they crossed them.
    "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

DISCO SPENG

No, though I think he needs to be taking a little harder line here.
    NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull on the wing View Post
    And go back to the mess we were in when Labour left...yer right!
    You sound like a Tory MP! Boo hoo it was all someone elses fault. I am not excusing Blair and Brown I am dealing with the question. We now have a government that are sooooooo out of touch with us citizens its unreal. Also it's not just a bad judgement call Cameron was aligning himself with Murdochm about to let him take over Sky (totally unacceptable monoply) and is good friends with Brookes. This is the tip of the iceberg for Cameron and NI. The tories are and always have been the same, they are making more of a mess of the mess Labour left and selling us normal folk down the river. People who don't realise this need to wake up SOON!

Registered User deletebeepbeepbeep's Avatar

David Cameron looks like a freshly wanked penis.

Growing old disgracefully Twinkle Toes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
    Cameron is going to be on very thin ice if he doesn't display a stronger line on Brookes, personally I hate the sucking up to press leaders by ALL party leaders, but it's the here and now - Cameron is the PM and is in very close circles with the big players here, Brookes and Coulson, and his reticence to condemn them stinks.
    You ain't wrong there mikey, top post. I've little doubt that Diddy Dave will have a very strong team of schemers to hand who'll manage to spin him into the clear, but there must be a number of embittered (& soon-to-be unemployed) NOTW Journo's who have a whole box of dirt to dish...
    There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    see Peter Oborne's piece in the Telegraph yesterday
    In case you missed it:- David Cameron is in the sewer because of his News International friends Telegraph Blogs

Someone remind me who Ed's Director of Communications is... that's right Mr Tom Baldwin, a former employee of News International who himself has been accused of being involved in hacking. The whole political elite are guilty of getting to close to News International and Cameron resigning is going to get us absolutely nowhere. What we need, and what Murdoch is truly afraid of, if a full review of media practices in this country and the replacement of the Press Complaints Commission with a body that actually has some teeth. If history teaches us anything, it's that simply changing the prime minister is not going to be sufficient to get rid of Murdoch's influence.

Yes
    www.albionfanmosaic.co.uk
    BE IMMORTALISED AT THE AMEX!

Registered User Kalimantan Gull's Avatar

No, he should be voted out, although that doesn't happen very often, just two since 1979 and one of those was still hanging on to power for a few days after the election.

and as long as Labour have their version of Ian Duncan-Smith as leader and the Libdems do everything possible to make the public hate them, its not going to happen for a while yet.

This Coulson thing is pretty weak to get at Cameron over, however, its the NOTW, Coulson himself and a load of other media bods who should be strung up here. But in our country its the media who dish out justice, so I'm not over hopeful

I look at the disaster the condems are becoming and hope that it may not last too much longer, then I hear the leader of the Labour party speak and my heart sinks.