Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The club have come back and the dates on offer are

Tuesday 4th
Wednesday 5th
Thursday 6th
Friday 7th
Sunday 9th May

The 2nd is not possible as they already have a charity match on and the 23rd is not possible as the pitch will be under repairs by then.

I have been told Sunday 9th is off because Albion are playing on the 8th and Palace may be playing on the 9th. Friday 7th has been poo poo'd as people need to travel up for the match.

Therefore it seems to me Thursday 6th or Tuesday 4th it is then.

I think we need to get the game played, even if it is low key and we only get a few supporters. The important thing is the continuity of staging the game.

If the players donate £ 10 each and we have a raffle in the bar afterwards we can still raise £ 500.

Thats it folks. Everyone involved in playing, helping, supporting the game please state your preferred date as I need to get back to the club and we need to get planning.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The suitability of the date really depends on the availability of the players from both teams. But are the Eaton family available on either the 4th or 6th May?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Roz - Doug and Laura are on holiday but Doug has said go ahead. I have just e mailed the remf group to see if one of the Eaton sisters could come along.

The only alternative is to play the game later in May or June at Southwick FC again ( or another local county ground ).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can someone confirm Palace are playing on Sunday 9th as if they are it is a non starter really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They are away at Coventry at 1pm.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
If the Brighton Wrexham game is on the Saurday that rules out the Friday too.

I expect most people would be indifferent between a Tuesday and a Thursday but I would lean towards the Thursday.

*If we have any postponed games between now and the end of the season for whatever reason would they be played on that Tuesday?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
From Trilby on the Palace board

I cant seem to reply to the NSC thread so Ill just post what I was going to post there, here.

"Looks like Im the first person from Palace to respond to the thread. As mentioned earlier the dates arent great but I would happily put REMF ahead of Coventry, but would be equally available for any of the other dates.

I havent heard from Kev for a while but will try and get in contact with him."

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Trilby

Can you get Kev to e mail me. Sunday would be the best day but with Palace playing and some Albion fans travelling back its not ideal.

Tuesday or Thursday with a 7.30 pm kick off and if we can get the bar open, presentations at 9.45 - 10.30 and you can get back to Croydon by 11.30 pm.

Thanks mate.

Gareth

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It is not fair to ask them to miss Coventry.

I will have a word with some of their lads later and see what they think.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
30 players , 20 helpers and say 50 supporters, yet only 9 votes. I need to get back to the club now. Please can I have some more feedback.

Thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thursday is difficult for me ( choir practice i am afraid)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here