Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
The Bugle is an absolute, 100%, must listen. Brilliant bullshit satire. f***-eulogy was incredible, as was G-8. Start with episode 170, or the most recent one, and then listen to the rest.

Otherwise You Look Nice Today is often pretty funny, Fighting Talk, and Me1 v Me2 Snooker. Episode 9 of Me1 v Me2 was one of the oddest things I have ever listened to, but very funny.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
The Joe Rogan Podcast Experience.

Some really cool guests with anything from neuroscience to MMA being discussed.

For those who don't know Joe Rogan is a stand up comedian who also is the commentator for the UFC mixed martial arts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Bugle is an absolute, 100%, must listen. Brilliant bullshit satire. f***-eulogy was incredible, as was G-8. Start with episode 170, or the most recent one, and then listen to the rest.

Otherwise You Look Nice Today is often pretty funny, Fighting Talk, and Me1 v Me2 Snooker. Episode 9 of Me1 v Me2 was one of the oddest things I have ever listened to, but very funny.
We need to do an i-pod swap.
The Bugle is listened too as soon as it's on, for all the reasons you say and 100 more.

Me1 v Me2. I'm so glad I stuck with it, just for episode 9, I was properly laughing out loud for the last half.
(no point just listening to 9, it's an accumulating thing that comes to a head, with alcohol)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big fan of Proops
Are you still listening to him?

I am, and his last one, Summers, is very good indeed, it is a long one, though.

The first half is very funny comedy riffs.
The second half is a very scathing attack on misogynistic American politics.
He's been building up to it for a few weeks, but this week he really lets loose, and it's very scary stuff.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Are you still listening to him?

I am, and his last one, Summers, is very good indeed, it is a long one, though.

The first half is very funny comedy riffs.
The second half is a very scathing attack on misogynistic American politics.
He's been building up to it for a few weeks, but this week he really lets loose, and it's very scary stuff.

I am, still loving it, some top laughs and some spot on commentary too. Always listen to it at work on a Monday morning!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am, still loving it, some top laughs and some spot on commentary too. Always listen to it at work on a Monday morning!
Ok I'll keep it to myself then, but would recommend it to anyone else fancying something new to listen to.
If you like your comedy coming in a stream of conciousness, mixed with serious hard core American politics.

(It's quite refreshing to here American's talking like GP)

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Ok I'll keep it to myself then, but would recommend it to anyone else fancying something new to listen to.
If you like your comedy coming in a stream of conciousness, mixed with serious hard core American politics.

(It's quite refreshing to here American's talking like GP)

Is ok, I listened to Summers last Monday. Dents is what I'm saving for next week, 100 minutes, hopefully of top notch ranting. He has an atypical American viewpoint, maybe from all the time he spent over here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dents has just come up on my i-machine!

I think the needed that heckle to get going, I thought he was flying after that, and just didn't stop.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Back to where this thread started - all the football podcasts gone, anymore suggestions to take their place over the Summer months?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Richard Herring Leicester Square Theatre Podcasts are all worth a listen, for the most part very good interviews with some pretty decent comedians, Charlie Brooker, Stuart Lee, Tim Minchin, Armando Ianucci and Graham Linehan to name just a few.

Good to see the Me1 vs Me2 pods get a mention, very weird but once you are tuned into the gag they are very good.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's a couple of new smodcasts:

Film School Fridays - Kevin Smith sits down with film school students to discuss movie making, pass on experience, etc.
Fatman on Batman - Kevin Smith sits down with people behind comics and comic-based cartoons (voice actors, such as mark hamill (iconic joker voice actor and skywalker), tara strong (voices a lot of cartoon females including batgirl), and Paul Dini (writer)).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Richard Herring Leicester Square Theatre Podcasts are all worth a listen, for the most part very good interviews with some pretty decent comedians, Charlie Brooker, Stuart Lee, Tim Minchin, Armando Ianucci and Graham Linehan to name just a few.

Good to see the Me1 vs Me2 pods get a mention, very weird but once you are tuned into the gag they are very good.
Yeah I enjoyed this series.

Did you, when you were younger? :lol:

The usual mention for The Complete Guide to Everything.
Naturally I'm all over Le Tour 'casts at the moment.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Jim and Eddie Talk Shit - Absolutely quality, totally un-pc, not for the easily offended
The Mongcast - If you like the above you'll like this spin off
Chris Martin and Carl Donnelly - couple of blokes just talking bollocks
The Glory Hole - can be a bit hit and miss, but when it hits it's very funny
The Bugle - mentioned by several others will also recommend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here