Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On my way to work this morning I had to stop the car in order to be sick.

I was listening to Gossipmongers. Series 1 Episode 4.

That's how good this podcast is.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
On my way to work this morning I had to stop the car in order to be sick.

I was listening to Gossipmongers. Series 1 Episode 4.

That's how good this podcast is.

Was that the dog bomb or the tramp on the train?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The consistently excellent Spanish Football Podcast has an interview with our very own Maheta Molango, about his role as CEO of Real Mallorca. Genuinely interesting, and there are some parralels with us about punching up and how to compete with greater financial might.

Maheta comes across like a truly classy bloke who talks proper sense.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We listened to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] v Manchester Utd driving home from Southampton, last night.

Lil Miss Stat went to sleep, fortunately I stayed away.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That would certainly be an option. What has been good is being in the same room together, picking up the facial expressions and hand signals to make it more like two blokes in a pub, which is one of the options we are considering, just buying some recording equipment and going down a local boozer, as Kevin enjoys his cider.
Can I just check if you write the intro for Kevin. Trying to work out why else he would say "Stand Or Fall" in his intro. If so, do I need to transcribe the whole thing and find out what the first letter of each sentence spells out?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can I just check if you write the intro for Kevin. Trying to work out why else he would say "Stand Or Fall" in his intro. If so, do I need to transcribe the whole thing and find out what the first letter of each sentence spells out?

The producer writes the intro for Kevin, so Stand or Fall wasn't deliberate, unless the reference to Palace being a small club from me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm currently wading through a few "The Rewatchables" podcasts - each episode they discuss, analyse and pick apart a movie. I've listened to the one for Reservoir Dogs (one of my all-time faves), Field of Dreams, Fatal Attraction, and am currently listening to the one for Top Gun (with Beverley Hills Cop lined up). Each one is a good couple of hours long, they're pretty entertaining and you learn a few interesting titbits about the film too, such as who turned down the roles.

(eg Christopher Reeve apparently turned down the Michael Douglas part in Fatal Attraction). If you like your films, its worth a listen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm currently wading through a few "The Rewatchables" podcasts - each episode they discuss, analyse and pick apart a movie. I've listened to the one for Reservoir Dogs (one of my all-time faves), Field of Dreams, Fatal Attraction, and am currently listening to the one for Top Gun (with Beverley Hills Cop lined up). Each one is a good couple of hours long, they're pretty entertaining and you learn a few interesting titbits about the film too, such as who turned down the roles.

(eg Christopher Reeve apparently turned down the Michael Douglas part in Fatal Attraction). If you like your films, its worth a listen.
Not even an acknowledgment. :down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not even an acknowledgment. :down:

SB, I can't even remember my own car registration numberplate, let alone who on the interbob put me onto The Rewatchables ! But if I had a cap, I would doff it in your direction sir.

As a sidenote, I am getting heartily sick of arriving at those car park paystations that ask you to type in your numberplate, and my mind going blank. Two or three times in about the last month I've had to plod back to my car to read it or write it down. Sake.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
SB, I can't even remember my own car registration numberplate, let alone who on the interbob put me onto The Rewatchables ! But if I had a cap, I would doff it in your direction sir.

As a sidenote, I am getting heartily sick of arriving at those car park paystations that ask you to type in your numberplate, and my mind going blank. Two or three times in about the last month I've had to plod back to my car to read it or write it down. Sake.

I took a photo of my missus' number plate to stop this happening to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here