Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Listened to a few episodes of Richard Osman's Birthday game. 3 people guessing the ages of people whose birthday it is that week. It's very funny and 'informative'

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I assumed they just didn't do one because its an international break.

Albion Roar is excellent as you probably already know.

Stairway to seventh is okay and covers a bit of Albion every week.

Together A BHAFC podcast is also okay and has an angle from across the pond.

The cheques in the post.. :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That may be true, but it's not yet on iTunes so I am unable to pass judgement (I don't know how else to get my app thing to download from other podcast places). But I would very much like to. Is it Apple-incoming?

It took us a week to get approval from Apple but now on iTunes.

Episode 1 is on Bury
Episode 2 (out tomorrow) is on Newcastle
Episode 3 (next week) is on Manchester United

...so we have managed to cover the three most hated figures in English football in Steve Dale, Mike Ashley and Ed Woodward in the first three episodes, but there wasn't a master plan in this.

Any feedback gratefully received, it's costing a bit of money to travel down to London and hire a studio, so if people think it's shite I'll bin it off!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any feedback gratefully received, it's costing a bit of money to travel down to London and hire a studio, so if people think it's shite I'll bin it off!
:shrug:

Over half the podcasts I listen too are 'person with microphone', or 'Skyped' (is a word) contributors.

I assume you know (but just in case) there are now a fair few podcast production companies, I'll hazard a guess the one behind The Football Ramble, who have dramatically extended their output, might still have a niche spot for DULLARDS.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Episode 1 is on Bury

...so we have managed to cover the three most hated figures in English football in Steve Dale, Mike Ashley and Ed Woodward in the first three episodes, but there wasn't a master plan in this.

I enjoyed the first one. KD plays the naive enthusiast (i.e. we, the listener) well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
:shrug:

Over half the podcasts I listen too are 'person with microphone', or 'Skyped' (is a word) contributors.

I assume you know (but just in case) there are now a fair few podcast production companies, I'll hazard a guess the one behind The Football Ramble, who have dramatically extended their output, might still have a niche spot for DULLARDS.

Agree with you about Skype, it sounds a bit tinny at times. The PoF is produced by DabDib, which is a podcast production company set up by Guy Kilty of Five Live Money, he's decided to set up his own business and is using this to showcase a professional podcast (which is ironic in that whilst Kevin is a professional presenter I'm just a geek with a spreadsheet).

The main problem is financing, presently we are recording at Soho Radio in London, and they've been very kind to us to date in giving a couple of freebie uses but want a more formal relationship for future shows, and I live up North so have to travel down to London for the show.

The aim is to see if there is an audience for this area and if so get a sponsor, not to make money, simply to cover the running costs. It's a labour of love as well as trying to fill in some of the information gaps that exist in relation to club finances.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Agree with you about Skype, it sounds a bit tinny at times. The PoF is produced by DabDib, which is a podcast production company set up by Guy Kilty of Five Live Money, he's decided to set up his own business and is using this to showcase a professional podcast (which is ironic in that whilst Kevin is a professional presenter I'm just a geek with a spreadsheet).

The main problem is financing, presently we are recording at Soho Radio in London, and they've been very kind to us to date in giving a couple of freebie uses but want a more formal relationship for future shows, and I live up North so have to travel down to London for the show.

The aim is to see if there is an audience for this area and if so get a sponsor, not to make money, simply to cover the running costs. It's a labour of love as well as trying to fill in some of the information gaps that exist in relation to club finances.

There's more and more money going into podcast ads at the moment. Firstly theres lots of nice research (and more emerging all the time) about how engaged people are with their devices when they're listening to podcasts, plus a proliferation of platforms which allow for better audience targeting. You're probably all over it, but the more info you have about our listeners, the better.

Or failing that you should easily be able to squeeze a couple of grand out of those 'Get Ready for Brexit' ads.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've looked at setup before with a view to an NSC podcast, which will clearly never happen as it involves effort.

Anyway the trick, I understand, is NOT to use Skype to record the conversation between two or more people presenting a podcast. You may use Skype to actually undertake your conversation, but you each record only your side of the conversation locally and then use audio software to layer the two tracks together.

So, as long as you each have a semi-decent microphone (and this doesn't have to cost too much nowadays) connected to your respective computers, you can get a professional-sounding podcast on a modest budget.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's more and more money going into podcast ads at the moment. Firstly theres lots of nice research (and more emerging all the time) about how engaged people are with their devices when they're listening to podcasts, plus a proliferation of platforms which allow for better audience targeting. You're probably all over it, but the more info you have about our listeners, the better.

Or failing that you should easily be able to squeeze a couple of grand out of those 'Get Ready for Brexit' ads.
Every other podcast. :down:

"Are You Ready For Brexit?"

Coming from this government is just fudging insulting.

I've now picked up The Adam Ferrara Podcast.
Stand up comedian, actor and American Top Gear presenter doing a half hour interview.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've looked at setup before with a view to an NSC podcast, which will clearly never happen as it involves effort.

Anyway the trick, I understand, is NOT to use Skype to record the conversation between two or more people presenting a podcast. You may use Skype to actually undertake your conversation, but you each record only your side of the conversation locally and then use audio software to layer the two tracks together.

So, as long as you each have a semi-decent microphone (and this doesn't have to cost too much nowadays) connected to your respective computers, you can get a professional-sounding podcast on a modest budget.

That would certainly be an option. What has been good is being in the same room together, picking up the facial expressions and hand signals to make it more like two blokes in a pub, which is one of the options we are considering, just buying some recording equipment and going down a local boozer, as Kevin enjoys his cider.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm currently listening to the latest RHLSTP with Michael Sheen.

It's very good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Episode 1 is on Bury

As I type I'm listening to Newcastle.

I've 5* the pod.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Episode 1 is on Bury

Can you post the name of the podcast please or better still a link to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here